NTT DATA – IoT Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall's IoT Services Vendor Assessment for NTT Data is a comprehensive assessment of NTT DATA's IoT service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for IoT services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves agaisnt theire peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IoT sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
The IoT services capabilities of NTT DATA sit within its Digital Business Services line. WIthin Digital Business Services, NTT DATA has an IoT CoE and an IoT service portfolio. Under the terms of NTT DATA, it is a Global One program
The IoT CoE coordinates offerings across the different geography-based units of NTT DATA, namely
- NTT DATA Services, the former Dell Services
- NTT DATA Japan
- NTT DATA EMEA and Latin America
- Everis, its Spain-headquartered subsidiary, with operations mostly in Spain and Latin America
- Itelligence, NTT DATA's main SAP subsidiary, headquarted in Germany.
Also, sister companies, NTT Communications and Dimension Data, have IoT capabiliites.
IoT consulting is a major offering for NTT DATA, largely because it has a significant onshore presence in all its geographies, and also because NTT DATA is highlyighting IoT program need and evangelizing among clients, who also require guidance from an implementation perpective, with agile development at its core.
The IoT proirity of NTT DATA is to have verticalized use cases. The majority of these use cases are blueprints or reference architectures. NTT DATA also has, selectively, use cases based on semi-packaged software. Examples include its i-Mobility Suite, Allwaste or Smart traffic control.
The main IoT platformss of NTT DATA are Microsoft (Azure IoT Suite), and AWS (AWS IoT). Also, an important but emerging IoT partner is SAP, given the background that NTT DATA has in DACH, notably through its itelligence subsidiary.
NTT DATA has its own IoT platform NTT DATA Cognitive Platform.
Finally, increasingly, NTT DATA works with other entities of the NTT Group, with the NTT Innovation Institute, based in Santa Clara, which spreads new IP and offerings through the full group.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of NTT DATA's IoT service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company's offerings and key service components, accelerators, and platforms
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company's strategy, empahsis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company's customer base including the company's targeting strategy
- Analysis of the company's strengths, weankesses and outlook.