Meta4- Next Generation HCM Technology
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s HCM Technology Vendor Assessment for Meta4 is a comprehensive assessment of Meta4’s HCM platform offering and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of HCM technology and identifying vendor suitability for HCM technology RFPs
- Vendor marketing, sales, and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the HR Technology sector
- HR and payroll decision makers.
Key Findings & Highlights
Meta4, founded in 1991, a privately held company headquartered in Madrid, Spain, is a provider of HCM software and managed payroll services.
Meta4 originated primarily as a payroll software and services provider and introduced its PeopleNet HR platform in ~1999, which was offered initially as an on-premise solution. In 2008, Meta4 began providing its platform offering in the cloud, and in 2013, it shifted to providing Meta4 PeopleNet exclusively as a cloud offering and discontinued selling the onpremise solution.
Meta4's PeopleNet HCM solution and capability development to date have been entirely organic by Meta4 resources; it has chosen not to acquire its modules or functionality.
Today, Meta4's PeopleNet HCM solution supports ~1.3k clients, ~18m employees, and is deployed across ~100 countries.
Meta4's PeopleNet HCM is a cloud-based platform, built on a single database and code line, and delivered as a SaaS-based multitenant solution. While it does have and continues to support clients (~77%) on the on-premise version of Meta4 PeopleNet, it no longer offers the solution as an on-premise offering. Meta4 has developed an on-premise cloud connector so its clients can benefit from its cloud capability.
Meta4's offering is comprised of the following modules and features:
- Core HR
- Workforce management
- Talent management
Meta4 PeopleNet is offered as a modular solution which is also sold in bundles. However, core HR is required in most cases, and therefore modules are not offered as standalone. Below are the three-core module bundles currently offered by Meta4:
- Full solution: includes all modules
- Core HR
- Global talent: including talent management and core HR
- Workforce Management: including time and attendance, absence management
Meta4 PeopleNet is by default a global solution and currently supports employees in ~100 countries. The platform provides the following languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Italian and Polish. It includes an in-platform translation capability for clients to select and deploy custom languages based on their needs.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Meta4’s Next Generation HCM Technology offering, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis, and new developments
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, and outlook
- Revenue estimates
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the company’s delivery organization including the location of delivery locations.