KellyOCG - Next Generation MSP
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Next Generation MSP: Optimizing Contingent Talent Strategies vendor assessment for KellyOCG is a comprehensive assessment of KellyOCG’s MSP/contingent worker solutions (CWS) offering and capabilities, designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within MSP/CWS
• HR decision makers exploring the benefits and inhibitors of MSP/CWS as evidenced by the clients and vendor capability
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to identify developments and target opportunities within MSP/CWS
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in or covering the HR outsourcing industry and suppliers.
Key Findings & Highlights
KellyOCG is a global advisor of talent supply chain strategies, aligning talent strategy to business strategy across all internal and external worker categories. It is part of Kelly Services, Inc.
In 2018, Kelly Services, Inc. made a strategic decision to focus on specialist recruitment (predominantly in the science, engineering, and education markets) and embrace the future of work, an ethos that is now embedded across the organization.
KellyOCG offers the following contingent worker programs:
• Enterprise MSP
• Mid-market MSP.
MSPs (mostly integrated models combining direct sourcing, vendor-neutral, or master vendor suppliers) can incorporate a graduated range of service options (designed to increase program sophistication over time), depending on the clients’ levels of maturity, aspiration, and ambition. Many of the services have been revamped or were created in 2019. These include:
• Statement of Work (SOW)/procurement (RFx) services
• Independent Contractor Evaluation - ensuring freelancer compliance
• Identity Management (IDM) – offered at a fundamental level (giving enterprise-wide visibility into contingent worker spend and at a more advanced level to gain a more in-depth understanding of the details of each contingent worker (performance, compliance, rehire opportunities, etc.)
• Guided Work - a solution to help client organizations be more strategic in their contingent workforce planning (based on their hiring priorities - cost-saving, quality, or speed) to move the client towards Total Talent Management (TTM) in the long-term. The Guided Work process makes recommendations for getting work done, based on historical hiring patterns and historical procurement patterns, using KellyOCG’s Talent Supply Chain Analytics (TSCA) platform layer, with predictive forecasting capability
• Direct Sourcing - revamped in Q1 2019, where clients leverage their employer brand to attract contingent talent and payroll them. KellyOCG builds talent communities of pipelined talent for critical roles
• Talent Advisory Services (TAS) – covering a broad range of areas, including workforce transformation, program performance, process optimization, diversity, and inclusion, etc.
Other services include payroll, customized learning and development, outplacement, branding/communication, and technology integration.
KellyOCG’s proprietary TSCA platform has become the single portal/ integration layer for all other technologies/tools. The TSCA portal comprises AI-enabled decision-tree technology, which interfaces with Kelly’s proprietary data (as well as external data sets). The technology provides the necessary talent data that KellyOCG’s advisors leverage to influence and guide hiring managers to the optimal sourcing solutions based on their desired outcomes.
In a fast-paced, continually evolving market, KellyOCG’s Innovation Solution Center (ISC), in collaboration with Vectorform, and other internal innovation partners, is happy to partner with third-party providers of technology/tools. KellyOCG works on six guiding principles to identify suitable technology/tools providers that can offer solutions for its seven product category areas.
In 2019, KellyOCG evolved its capability in predictive analytics and RPA and entered into several strategic technology partnerships.
In 2020, KellyOCG will make investments prescriptive analytics, further automation, and continue to trial and deploy more feature-rich/ functional technology/tools.
KellyOCG manages a significant number of MSP/CWS clients, who are predominantly large and mid-sized organizations.
KellyOCG’s more recent client wins include life sciences, manufacturing, oil and gas, and technology.
KellyOCG’s 2019 MSP SUM is likely to be ~$8.9b (against a 2018 SUM of $8.6b).
In 2020 KellyOCG will focus on building out and promoting its enhanced and new services (SOW, Guided Work, Direct Sourcing) and its mid-market MSP offering. Also, it will invest in proprietary and third-party technology/tools (advancing its capability in analytics, RPA, and AI). KellyOCG will seek growth in the U.S., EMEA, and APAC, with organizations wanting a relationship built on trust and commitment, culminating in a profitable long-term partnership.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of KellyOCG’s MSP/CWS offering, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
• Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis, and new developments in both its service and technology
• Analysis of the company’s strengths, challenges, and outlook
• Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
• Analysis of the company’s key offerings (service model and service components)
• Analysis of the company’s delivery capability (including the location, size, and scale of delivery operations; and delivery via technology).
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook