Infosys - Digital Transformation Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Digital Transformation Services Vendor Assessment for Infosys is a comprehensive assessment of Infosys’ digital transformation services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for digital transformation services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the digital transformation sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Headquartered in Bangalore, Infosys was founded in 1981 in Pune by a group of seven programmers. It became a public limited company in India in June 1992 and was listed on NASDAQ in 1999, having set up development centers in several Indian cities to serve the global market.
Since his arrival as Infosys' CEO, Dr. Vishal Sikka has shared his long-term vision, consistently speaking of the drive to both “renew the core business”, and “innovate into new businesses”.
Renewing the core business includes the following:
- The application of automation, robotics, and AI in BPO services, applications services, and infrastructure services. In recent years, there has been an acceleration of effort to reduce the cost to serve in these areas
- An increased focus on product engineering services in IoT and areas such as predictive maintenance, machine learning, and intelligent and adaptive systems
- The application of design thinking (DT) in consulting services.
Innovating in new businesses, where Infosys is seeking to differentiate in its offerings portfolio and elevate its client relationships, includes the following initiatives:
- New offerings, many of which are platform based
- A $100m tech start-up investment fund announced in August 2014 and subsequently increased to $500m.
Infosys has developed a broad set of digital transformation offerings that includes digital consulting, UX and design thinking, digital solution development, legacy modernization and packaged application services.
Infosys has ~148k IT services FTEs. Infosys estimates that ~15% of its overall delivery headcount delivers digital transformation services.
To enable collaboration on design thinking with its clients, Infosys is setting up digital labs in those locations where it has concentrated its onshore digital consulting capabilities. These include New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas, and London. Infosys also has a digital farm located in Palo Alto where more advanced technologies (such as VR) are explored. Globally, Infosys has 100 development centers, 30 of which are digital hubs.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Infosys’ digital transformation service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.