IBM - Cognitive and Self-Healing IT Infrastructure Management
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Cognitive and Self-Healing IT Infrastructure Management Services Vendor Assessment for IBM is a comprehensive assessment of IBM’s cognitive and self-healing IT infrastructure management services offerings and capabilities designed for:
• Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for cognitive and self-healing IT infrastructure management services
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in cognitive and self-healing IT infrastructure management services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
IBM provides cognitive and self-healing IT infrastructure management services within its IBM Services division. Cognitive and AI services are provided through IBM Services Platform with Watson, which delivers automation, AI and analytics to manage and optimize the delivery of IT infrastructure services. IBM's Multi-Cloud Management Platform is also hosted on IBM Services Platform with Watson.
IBM's view is that automation and analytics must be used in partnership, so not just automating but understanding the big data generated from running the IT environment and acting on this data to stop issues in the first instance and working out what to automate next to drive the best outcome.
Through Watson, IBM seeks to use AI to both enhance automation use cases and also to take automation into areas where non-deterministic decisions need to be made. An example includes in ticket dispatch where an understanding of what the ticket is about is required before being sent to the appropriate place. Here, it will utilize NLU, NLP in the data as part of the analytics. IBM has a significant data lake, which data being important to collect is informed by over 30 years of experience managing client's environments. It supports analytics and automation solutions that reside on the Platform.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of IBM’s cognitive and self-healing IT infrastructure management service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
• Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
• Revenue estimates
• Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
• Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
• Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook