HCL Tech- Digital Testing
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Software Testing Vendor Assessment for HCL Tech is a comprehensive assessment of HCL Tech’s digital testing offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for software testing services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the software testing sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
HCL Tech created its independent verification and validation services (IV&V) practice of full-time career testers in 1999, during Y2K preparation projects. HCL’s IV&V practice had a background in providing testing services for its product engineering service unit, which itself is the background of HCL Technologies.
In calendar year (CY) 2012, HCL Tech made a very significant
organizational change by grouping together into its IV&V unit its full time testers from other business units, e.g. EAS, engineering and ER&D services, and custom application services. In CY 2014, the unit was renamed Business Assurance and Testing Services (BATS). BATS is a horizontal line within HCL Tech, with responsibility for P&L, delivery, sales, and IP.
A key priority for BATS is Agile/Lean/DevOps, with the intention of:
- Providing bundled/integrated services through adopting open source software such as Jenkins
- Creating accelerators and IPs around performance engineering and security testing
- Helping clients redefine the scope of their TCoEs
- Driving shift left
- Implementing more automation by reskilling employees towards development and script writing
- Opening its partner ecosystem to ISVs (e.g. Neotys, SmartBear, Splunk, Dynatrace) and to open source software.
BATS is rebalancing its service portfolio towards Agile/DevOps and digital testing services, as well as around non-functional testing (with a focus on UX-centric performance engineering), In addition, BATS continues to invest in accelerators and platforms.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of HCL Tech’s digital testing offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.