HCL- Digital Transformation Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Digital Transformation Services Vendor Assessment for HCL is a comprehensive assessment of HCL’s digital transformation services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for digital transformation services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the digital transformation sector.
Key Findings & Highlights HCL Technologies (HCL) is the fourth largest IT services vendor headquartered in India; it is also one of the fastest growing.
HCL has been growing its digital transformation capabilities since ~2009. It has focused on digital capabilities, as it sees these as an extension of its original role as a product development firm. It gradually evolved to delivering application and infrastructure services to clients directly. Now it is looking at digital transformation as a merging of these capabilities, and has invested to grow a dedicated service to address clients' digital needs.
HCL built a digital process and experience consulting group called BEYONDigital in 2015, with personnel primarily recruited from the digital practice of other consulting firms and digital agencies.
In October 2016, HCL announced that it would be acquiring Butler America Aerospace LLC, a provider of engineering and design services to U.S. Aerospace and Defense customers, for $85m. This company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Butler America LLC; the acquisition will exclude the staffing business of Butler America Inc. Butler Aerospace has over 900 personnel, and seven design centers in the U.S., providing engineering and design services in areas such as mechanical and structural design, electrical design and tool design, and managed engineering services. HCL is positioning its digital offerings around a set of core technologies and competencies consisting of:
- Digital process and experience consulting (DPEC), previously called BEYONDigital
- Modern Application practice, which includes:
- Digital platforms and applications engineering
- Business analytics services.
HCL Technologies has ~110k global employees. NelsonHall estimates that ~11k deliver digital transformation services within the DPEC and Modern Apps organizations.
The digital process and experience consulting team is spread across DPEC locations in Frisco, TX and San Francisco area, CA, U.S.; London, U.K.; and Noida, India.
The digital platform and application re-engineering group is spread among the U.S. and Europe near clients, and in India and Poland delivery centers.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of HCL’s digital transformation service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.