Capgemini - Big Data and Analytics Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall's Big Data and Analytics Services Vendor Assessment for Capgemini is a comprehensive assessment of Capgemini's big data and analytics service offerings and capablities designed for:
- Soucing managers monitoring the capabilities of exisiting ssuppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for digital services.
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts andd investorss specializing in the IT services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
Insights & Data (I&D) is a fully-fledged practice within Capgemini which has responsibility for P&L, delvery, and service portfolio management. It is an important part of Capgemini's digital iniative, alongside offerings including DCX and Digital Manufacturing; NelsonHall estimates that revenues from I&D willl represent a third of Capgemini's ' THe New' ( digital, security, and cloud computing) revenues in 2017. Capgemini is pushing the realignment of its services portfolio towards The New and has recently aligned its M&A strategy with The New.
I&D is, therefore, developing offerings that encompass digital and is talking a business approach to big data and analytics services, thanks to its analytics consulting capabilities, rather ran a purely technical approach. As part of this alignnment with digital, Insights & Data (along with other units) is a member of the Capegmini Applied Innovation Exchange (AIE) network. AIE has ten exchanges (centers) for providing workshops, developing prototypes, and building business and use cases with clients.
Because of this shift, the Insights & Data practicee has also expanded its sales focus from the IT department to the wider business.
In 2017, I&D has continued its push on big daa offerings, its big data platform (Insight as a Service), and its factory based offering, NextGen Business Insights Service Center (BISC). This included further creating verticalized offerings and investing in accelerators. The practice has also refreshed its EDW and BI service portfolio, to highlight modernization and migration services, and has rebranded it Cool BI. In addition, it has made progress on its AI offering, articulating its consulting and methodology approach, and highlighting AI use cases.
As of mid-2017, Capgemini hadd ~15.5k personnel in I&D. I&D continues to expand its delivery presence in India, and now has ~10k in the country.
Marquee clinets of Insights & Data include McDonald's, IKEA, HMRC, Maharashtra Sales Tax Department, Munich Re, Network Rail, and Unilever. In total, I&D has 1.5k clients
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Capgemini’s big data and analytics service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.