Big Ddata and Analytics Services
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall's Big Data and Analytics Services report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
- Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within big data and analytics services and within digital services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target data service-related and digital service opportunities
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services sectors
Scope of the Report
The report analyzes the worldwide services market for big data, analytics data visualization and data warehousing. It addresses the following questions:
- What is the current and future market for big data and analysis services?
- What are the client segments for big data and analytics services and their characteristics? What are the drivers, benefits and inhibitors for each segment?
- What is the size and growth of the big data and analytics services markets by client segment, geography, service line, activity and sector?
- How did spending grow in 2016 and how will it increase in 2017 and onwards?
- How is the market organized? Who are the main vendors? How can they be assessed and compared? What are vendor challenges and critical success factors by market segment?
- What are the offerings in the market?
- How are big data and analytics services shaping
Key Findings & Highlights
NelsonHall's market analysis of the big data and analytics services consist of 65 pages. It provies an in-depth understanding of the dynamics at play in the big data and analytics services market.
The big data and analytics services industry has gone through two major disruptions. THe first disruption is related to technology: the adpotion of big data in the form of open source software and data visualization tools have challenged the economics of tradtional offerings, enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and BI. the second disruption is related to digital transformation, in which big data and analytics plays a major role to support new business models and opeational effectiveness.
The big data and analytics services market is expected to grow by 8% over the 2016-2021 period, growing to $41.3bn. THis is a solid growth level, corresponding to two to three times the growth of IT services spending.
Within big data and analytics services, spending is shifting: in 2017, the share of spending related to mature offerings (database, EDW, and BI) represented 40% of software testing spending; this will increase to 25% by 2021.
Service spending in MDM, data quality, and data preparation is solid and will gorw by 9% over the 2017-20-21 period. Big data services spennding is growing at a double-digit rate and so are data seinces analytics, data visualization and AI. Looking ahead, growth in big ddta services will slow IT service vendors assemble their own reference architectures and vendors such as AWS enrich their big data PaaS offerings. Growth in data science and data visualization will remain strong: client appetite for insights is only starting.
From a geography perspective, spending growth in North America will remian solid, in spite of the uncertainty of the U.S. economhy broguht by the Trump administration. In EMEA, we have assumed that:
- U.K.: macro-economic conditions resulting from Brexit would deteriorate for the next two to three years
- Western European countries are all back to growth, including the Netherlands.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook