Avaloq- FinTech Services in Banking BPS
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Retail Banking BPS Vendor Assessment for Avaloq is a comprehensive assessment of Avaloq’s FinTech offerings and capabilities for the banking industry designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of FinTech services and identifying vendor suitability for banking industry (consumer banking, commercial banking, and capital markets) FinTech services RFPs
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
This NelsonHall assessment analyzes Avaloq’s offerings and capabilities in FinTech services for the banking industry. Avaloq is one of a number of banking services vendors analyzed in NelsonHall’s comprehensive industry analysis programs.
Avaloq is a Swiss headquartered vendor of technology based solutions and services to the financial services industry. It was founded to provide a comprehensive core banking platform, Avaloq Banking Suite, to the banking industry. Today, it has an estimated:
- 150 clients
- ~2,200 employees
- ~$500m in revenues.
Avaloq's platform is used by banks with total assets estimated to be$4,000Bn. Avaloq uses its own banking platform with all its clients. The platform was initially written in the mid-1990s, and has been updated semi-annually since then. In 2010, modules such as mobility were added to the platform; BPS delivery capability was added in 2011, when Avaloq expanded its services into BPS by acquiring a 51% stake in B-Source, a BPS provider founded in 1995. In 2016, Avaloq acquired 100% ownership in B-Source.
Avaloq began its FinTech services offerings around 2010 as it enhanced its platform functionality with various automation, mobile, and omnichannel capabilities. Avaloq provides both FinTech product and services offerings. FinTech functionality has been extended to the entire range of FinTech functionalities over the past seven years. In addition to its own modules and APIs, Avaloq it also has partnerships with ~60 external software vendors to extend the scope of capabilities of its platform.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Avaloq’s FinTech services for banking offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphases and new developments
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook
- Revenue estimates
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the company’s delivery organization including the location of delivery locations.