TurboCompressors Market - Growth, Trends And Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The turbocompressors market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3% over the period of 2020-2025. Factors such as growing demand for natural gas which, in turn, is leading to growing gas pipeline network is expected to be one of the most significant drivers for the compressor market during the forecast period. Also growth of countries such as China and India in steel and chemical industries have helped the market for turbocompressors grow in recent years. However, product saturation in Europe region and development of new technologies such as rotary screw compressors are the restraining factors during the forecast period.
- Oil and gas end-user industry is likely to dominate the turbocompressors market owing to the increased use of gas and thereby increased use of turbocompressors for different applications such as transmission, storage, gas gathering, gas lift, gas injection, flash gas compression, refrigeration, etc.
- Rising clean electricity demand in emerging markets, such as India, China, Brazil, and Mexico are expected to provide a huge potential for natural gas market in power generation sector, which in turn is expected to provide an opportunity for turbocompressors market.
- Asia Pacific have dominated the market in recent years and is expected to show substantial market growth owing to the increase in gas demand and rise in manufacturing industry in countries such as India, China, Australia, etc.
Key Market Trends
Oil and Gas Segment to Dominate the Market
- Natural gas demand grew by 4.6% in 2018 and is expected to grow over the forecasted period, signifying an increase in turbocompressors market.
- Turbocompressors demand in midstream Oil & gas Industry is also expected to grow with increase in exports and imports by gas producing countries such as the US and Russia and gas consuming countries such as China and the European Union respectively. The consumption of natural gas is expected to witness the fastest growth among all fuel types. The lower cost, in comparison with other fossil fuel types, is expected to supplement the demand for natural gas, during the forecast period.
- Global Oil and Gas trunk pipeline are expected to grow from 1.9 million km in 2019 to 2.2 million km by 2023, showing a total growth of 13.4%. Asia and North America lead in this data with a total of approximately 0.14 million km growth in pipeline length according to announced and planned projects, this trend is expected to show positive signs for turbocompressor market in coming years.
- In the US there have been a significant reduction in share of energy production from coal, which is being gradually replaced by energy production from gas. Share of energy production from gas rose from 27.5% in 2014 to 35.1% in 2018, this indicates towards a growth for turbocompressor market growth in Oil and Gas Industry.
- A similar rise for gas demand for energy production can be seen globally, with more growth rate in developing countries such as India, China, Mexico, etc., thereby driving the turbocompressors market along with it.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia Pacific have shown the fastest growth rate corresponding to the industrial and consumer market growth of India and China and also the gas demand growth from developed countries such as Australia.
- Power generation and manufacturing industry are the biggest consumers of natural gas in this region. Increasing demand for electricity in countries, such as India and China is expected to drive natural gas demand.
- India’s investment in refining and petrochemicals industry, and the growth of steel production is expected to pave a way for the turbocompressors market in India. Refining capacity of India grew to 22495.43 TMT in March 2019, an increase of 6.51% from March 2018
- China’s commitment towards reducing pollution by substituting energy production from coal with renewable energy and energy production from gas have led to a constant rise in gas demand over the years, making it the world’s 3rd largest country in terms of gas consumption.
- Refining capacity of China is also on the rise, with a recent contract for 1 MTA ethylene and refinery expansion project of Sinochem Quanzhou Petrochemical.
- Therefore, the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the market in forecast period, similar to the trend witnessed in recent years.
The turbocompressors market is consolidated with top companies accounting for major part of the market share in 2018. Some of the major companies include Siemens AG, Atlas Copco, MAN SE, Ingersoll Rand, Elliott Group Ltd., and General Electric Company, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast, in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Industry Attractiveness: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION AND ANALYSIS
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Centrifugal
- 5.1.2 Axial
- 5.2 End-User Industry
- 5.2.1 Oil & Gas
- 5.2.2 Chemical
- 5.2.3 Metals & Mining
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 6 Competitive landscape
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Atlas Copco AB
- 6.3.2 Elliott Group Ltd.
- 6.3.3 General Electric Company
- 6.3.4 Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.
- 6.3.5 Howden Compressors Ltd
- 6.3.6 Ingersoll-Rand PLC
- 6.3.7 Kobe Steel Ltd.
- 6.3.8 Man SE
- 6.3.9 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
- 6.3.10 Siemens AG
- 6.3.11 Baker Hughes Company
- 7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS