Safety Motion Control Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The safety motion control market was valued at USD 14.85 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 21.99 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.65% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. Motion control system performs a wide variety of functions ranging from a simple unit assigned to move an object to a machine tool application, which works with perfect coordination to execute multiple simultaneous movements. Moreover, due to growing industrialization and high adoption of automation in the industrial process, the motion control market is growing to a large extent.
- An integrated motion control system contains several components such as motors, encoders, controllers, user interfaces and associated software. Safety motion control systems are an emerging class with improved safety and security mechanisms. Over the last few years, a significant rise in the adoption of safety tools across the industry was registered.
- The drivers for growth in the market are increased demand for safety equipment across all major industry verticals, flexible automation functions, easy set-up and maintenance and more importantly, industry safety standards mandating the use of safety systems in Europe, North America and parts of the Asia-Pacific region.
- High capital requirements, high deployment cost and lack of availability of professionals are a major impediment to growth in this market.
Scope of the Report
A safety motion controller contains motion profiles and target positions, which creates trajectories for motors and actuators. Motion control drives are a structural part of motion controllers. These are mainly used for process automation in various end-user industries such as electronics and assembly, robotics, semiconductors, and food & beverages, among others. Due to the advancement in processing speed, precision, and reliability of these systems.,it is widely used in the industries.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Industry to Witness Huge Demand
- The demand for safety motion control systems in the automotive industry has seen a marked increase due to developments in manufacturing and assembly processes of HCV’s and high-end motor vehicles.
- High-end motion controllers are used in the automotive industry for controlling the movements of mechanical parts in the production process. Safety motion control systems are being extensively used during the manufacturing of major components like engines and driver assistance systems.
- All the important automotive suppliers have been looking at motion control systems to optimize their production chains through the use of actuators and robotic arms. Furthermore, assembling and maintenance processes are also witnessing increased adoption of safety motion control systems.
- For instance, vehicle assembling, which is an exhaustive process requiring high levels of precision and throughput has been using safety control systems widely for performing repetitive tasks using minimal resources.
- Moreover, the increase in the production of automobile vehicle will drive the motion controller market. According to the Motion Control & Motor Association, the global motion control and the motor market experienced record growth in 2018, with $3.827 billion in shipments, up 8% over 2017. The largest categories within the overall market were motors (40%), actuators and mechanical systems (19%), and electronic drives (17%).
North America to Hold the Largest Market Share
- North America has been at the forefront of change in the safety motion control systems with the presence of major players, like Rockwell Automation and More Automation, constantly looking for new acquisitions to add to consolidate their position further.
- The first variant of motion control systems involving a single axis movement was conceptualized in North America. Furthermore, North America has been a major market for machine tools, automotive, packaging, and electronics applications.
- Factors driving North America motion control market are the high consumption of electronic equipment and the abundant presence of the healthcare industry. Moreover, manufacturers are focusing on enhancing motion controllers that are equipped with the smart actuators to synchronize and speed up the production process.
- Also, the need for quick transportation of the heavy components and equipment during the production process has resulted in an increase in the adoption of the motor control systems in the manufacturing industry in the region.
The safety motion control market is highly fragmented due to the increasing number of players are boosting their share of the motion control drive market through strategic mergers and acquisitions and partnerships with several small players. Some of the key players in the market include Rockwell Automation Inc., ABB Ltd, Schneider Electric SE, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, General Electric Co., SICK Group, Siemens AG, among others.
- May 2019 - Mitsubishi Electric Automation introduces interactive cycle insertion screens compatible with Renishaw GoProbe Macros on M8 series CNC Controls.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increased Emphasis on Adopting Safety Standards
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Installation Costs
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.7 Technology Snapshot
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Open Loop
- 5.1.2 Closed Loop
- 5.2 By Component
- 5.2.1 Drives
- 5.2.2 Motors
- 5.2.3 Other Components
- 5.3 By End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Automotive
- 5.3.2 Energy & Power
- 5.3.3 Oil & Gas
- 5.3.4 Aerospace & Defense
- 5.3.5 Food & Beverage
- 5.3.6 Pharmaceuticals
- 5.3.7 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 UAE
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 ABB Ltd
- 6.1.2 General Electric Co.
- 6.1.3 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- 6.1.4 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- 6.1.5 Schneider Electric SE
- 6.1.6 SICK Group
- 6.1.7 Siemens AG
- 6.1.8 Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
- 7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
- 8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS