Laser-based Gas Analyzers Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The laser-based gas analyzers market is expected to register a CAGR of 6% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Oil and Gas sector is expected to be the major consumer of the laser-based gas analyzer. The demand for natural gas has been on the rise in developing countries due to which the market is expected to witness an increased demand for laser-based gas analyzers.
- Increased regulations and legal fines are driving the companies to install more gas analyzers to curb emissions.
- Moreover, the laser-based analyzers provide real-time data due to which it has cut the time required in analysis of the gases and with the robust and modular properties there is increased demand from the healthcare sector.
- Traditional gas analyzers needed to calibrated very often due to which the reading was not accurate and required continuous maintenance due to which laser-based are preferred in the Chemical Industry.
Scope of the Report
The laser-based gas analyzers market typically comprises of gas analyses equipment providers who use either Tuneable diode laser spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, cavity ring-down spectroscopy, or quantum cascade laser spectroscopy to calculate the ppm or ppb composition of the air to estimate the presence of any gas in the atmosphere using lasers.
Key Market Trends
Oil companies are looking for real-time monitoring systems to curb Methane Leaks
- The oil rigs in the US have failed to curb the methane leakage from their oil rigs in recent years. Methane is considered to be more severe in causing global warming. The US government under Obama introduced stricter regulation in 2015 to curb methane emissions; these regulations, in 2018, were later relaxed by the Trump administration. As the companies were unable to meet the requirements as their infrastructure was dated.
- The industry is struggling to find a breakthrough to curb methane emissions, and they are looking for innovative ways for a more economical solution.
- The companies are shelling out millions of dollars in legal fines due to methane emissions and are continually looking for alternatives. The laser-based gas analyzers are going to be at the center of the new systems which are being developed as they offered real-time data and are robust.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- According to the International Energy Agency Asia-Pacific emerged as the highest importer and consumer of natural gas. China alone accounted for two-thirds of the global demand for Natural gas. But low reserves this region almost most of the natural gas it consumes.
- This region is not joined by high-pressure pipeline as much as the other areas are, due to which the transport is more susceptible to leakages. Due to which there is a constant requirement of monitoring during transportation.
- The biggest importer of natural gas China has become more proactive in addressing the environmental concerns due to which they have installed many systems which consist of gas analyzers to cut back on carbon dioxide discharges and other emissions.
The market is moderately fragmented with the emergence of new startups like Mirico offering a broad range of innovative solutions. The market is witnessing intensifying competitive rivalry, which is expected to further rise over and beyond the forecast period. The major players dominating the market are ABB LTD, Honeywell International Inc, Siemens, and Emerson Electric Co.
- March 2019 - Emerson releases Rosemount CT4400 Continuous Gas Analyzer. Emerson’s Rosemount CT4400 Continuous Gas Analyzer is a purpose-built Quantum Cascade Laser (QCL) and Tunable Diode Laser (TDL) analyzer designed to help plants report emissions accurately in environmental monitoring applications measuring standard components, such as nitric oxide (NO), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), sulfur dioxide (SO2), carbon monoxide (CO), carbon dioxide (CO2), and oxygen (O2).
- March 2019 - ABB's IoT solution turns a drone into the gas detection sensor. ABB’s analyzer uses patented cavity-enhanced absorption spectroscopy to detect methane with a sensitivity more than 1000 times higher than conventional leak detection tools.
- January 2019 - Yokogawa Electric Corporation launched its TDLS8100 probe type tunable diode laser spectrometer as part of its OpreXTM Analyzer family. The TDLS8100 is targeted at applications in the oil, petrochemical, power, iron and steel, and other industries that require the ability to directly measure oxygen or carbon monoxide gas concentration at high speeds.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increased Emmission Regulation
- 4.3.2 Demand for Robust and Modular Systems
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Complex Mathematical Analysis Process
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Process
- 5.1.1 In Situ
- 5.1.2 Extractive
- 5.2 By Type
- 5.2.1 Tuneable Diode Laser Spectroscopy (TDLS)
- 5.2.2 Raman Spectroscopy (RA)
- 5.2.3 Cavity Ring Down Spectroscopy (CRDS)
- 5.2.4 Quantum Cascade Laser Spectroscopy (QCLS)
- 5.3 By End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Power
- 5.3.2 Mining and Metal
- 5.3.3 Healthcare
- 5.3.4 Automotive
- 5.3.5 Pulp and Paper
- 5.3.6 Oil and Gas
- 5.3.7 Chemical
- 5.3.8 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 ABB Ltd.
- 6.1.2 Opsis AB
- 6.1.3 Emerson Electric Co.
- 6.1.4 HORIBA, Ltd.
- 6.1.5 Servomex Group Limited
- 6.1.6 KNESTEL Technology & Electronics GmbH
- 6.1.7 Honeywell International Inc.
- 6.1.8 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- 6.1.9 NEO Monitors AS
- 6.1.10 Endress Hauser AG
- 6.1.11 Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- 6.1.12 Siemens AG
- 6.1.13 Anton Paar GmbH
- 6.1.14 AMETEK Land Instruments International
- 6.1.15 Bruker Corporation
- 6.1.16 Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc.
- 7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
- 8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS