Global Mycoplasma Testing Market - Segmented by Product, Technology, Applications, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The global mycoplasma testing market is expected to register a CAGR of 10.4% during the forecast period of 2018–2023. North America is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period owing to the large number of life science research activities conducted in this region.
High Spending into R&D Activities by Bio-pharmaceutical Companies
The R&D spending by pharmaceutical companies has been steadily increasing over the past few years, both in the developed and the emerging countries. This was mainly attributed to the increased number of patent expirations, which resulted in a patent cliff in 2012 and is expected to continue for another decade. As a result of the patent expiration, most blockbuster molecules will no longer be able to generate revenue and pharmaceutical companies have no other option but to develop new revolutionary molecules for survival. Therefore, the companies are increasing their spending on R&D to accelerate the process of drug discovery and development. Mycoplasma detection and removal is critical for biologics produced for clinical studies and licensed products for human use. Thus, increase in drug discovery and development process from pharmaceutical companies is likely to augment the demand for mycoplasma testing, which will drive the global mycoplasma testing market. Additionally, increased governmental initiatives and funding in research activities, increasing demand for fast, accurate and affordable testing, and increasing cell culture contamination are further driving the market for mycoplasma testing.
Stringent Government Regulations
Stringent government regulations are likely to hinder the mycoplasma testing market growth. The regulations implemented include the assessment of nutritive properties of the solid growth media (agar) used, the assessment of inhibitory substances in the test material, the incubation temperature ranges to be used, and the number and types of positive controls to be used. These stringent government regulations act as the major restraining factors for the market. Additionally, a high degree of consolidation for new entrants may impede the market.
North America to Dominate the Market
North America dominates the mycoplasma testing market. The factors attributing to the growth of this region are the presence of global biotech companies and pharmaceutical players and higher investment into R&D activities in the region. Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow tremendously during the forecast period owing to factors, such as rapid research activities conducted by the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries and the huge amount of spending in R&D activities, thereby boosting the demand for mycoplasma testingproducts.
Key Developments in the Market
- April 2017: Thermo Fisher Scientific entered into a partnership with Australian diagnostics firm SpeeDx to obtain US Food and Drug Administration approval for its Resistance Plus MG assay for antibiotic-resistant Mycoplasma genitalium.
Major players- ABBOTT, AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, CHARLES RIVER LABORATORIES INTERNATIONAL, INC., EUROFINS SCIENTIFIC, F. HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE LTD, LONZA GROUP, MERCK KGAA, PROMOCELL GMBH, SARTORIUS AG, AND THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC., amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Follow the current and future global mycoplasma testing market in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Identify the segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Identify the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Market Definition
- 2. Research Methodology
- 3. Executive Summary
- 4. Key Inferences
- 5. Market Overview
- 5.1 Current Market Scenario
- 5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 5.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
- 6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
- 6.1 Drivers
- 6.1.1 Increased Governmental Initiatives and Funding in Research Activities
- 6.1.2 Higher Investment into R&D Activities
- 6.1.3 Increasing Demand for Fast, Accurate, and Affordable Testing
- 6.1.4 Increasing Cell Culture Contamination
- 6.2 Restraints
- 6.2.1 Stringent Government Regulations
- 6.2.2 High Degree of Consolidation for New Entrants
- 6.3 Opportunities
- 6.4 Key Challenges
- 7. Market Segmentation
- 7.1 By Product
- 7.1.1 Instruments
- 7.1.2 Kits and Reagents
- 7.2 By Technology
- 7.2.1 PCR
- 7.2.2 ELISA
- 7.2.3 Direct Assay
- 7.2.4 Indirect Assay
- 7.2.5 Microbial Culture Techniques
- 7.2.6 Others
- 7.3 By Application
- 7.3.1 Cell Line Testing
- 7.3.2 Virus Testing
- 7.3.3 Others
- 7.4 By Geography
- 7.4.1 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
- 7.4.2 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 Spain
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 7.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Australia & New Zealand
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 7.4.4 Middle East & Africa
- 184.108.40.206 GCC Countries
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- 7.4.5 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- 8.2 Agreements, Collaborations, and Partnerships
- 8.3 New Products Launches
- 9. Key Players
- 9.1 Abbott
- 9.2 Agilent Technologies
- 9.3 Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- 9.4 Eurofins Scientific
- 9.5 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- 9.6 Lonza Group
- 9.7 Merck KGaA
- 9.8 PromoCell GmbH
- 9.9 Sartorius AG
- 9.10 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- 9.11 List not Exhaustive
- 10. Future of the Market