Global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market Size - Segmented by Technology (DDR2, DDR3, DDR4), Application (Mobile Devices, Computing Devices, Networking Devices), and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The DRAM Market was valued at USD 72.8 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach a value of USD 98.2 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of -2.4% over the forecast period (2018 - 2023).
DRAM has applications in various electronic devices, such as PCs, smartphones, music players, laptops, netbooks, and tablet computers. High growth in the smartphone & tablet market has increased the growth of the mobile DRAM market. With the boost in enterprise architecture and cloud computing, the computing DRAM market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
Increasing Penetration of Smartphones in Developing Countries
Mobile DRAM finds its major applications in smartphones. The use of DRAM in smartphones is increasing with the development of smartphones with high storage capacity. The increased use of mobile DRAM in tablets and computers is also impacting the growth of DRAM. The global smartphone market is expected to witness a growth rate of more than 11%. The increase in urbanization, increase in per capita income, decline in the ASP of smartphones and tablets, and the need for technologically sound headsets are some of the key factors responsible for the growth of the mobile & tablet market.
Asia-Pacific Occupies the Significant Share in DRAM Market
Asia-Pacific is expected to witness highest growth rate, mainly with the growing demand from China, Japan, and South Korea, and owing to the presence of key industry participants. The rising popularity of smartphones and demand for newer memory technologies have driven the growth of computationally intensive consumer electronics, thereby creating a wide range of opportunities for DRAM in this region.
Major Players - SK Hynix Inc., Micron Technology Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Nanya Technology Corporation, Winbond Electronics Corporation, Powerchip Technology Corporation, And Intel Corporation,among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2017 - Micron Technology, Inc., semiconductor systems, announced that it successfully won the auction for Cando Corporation assets, which will be utilized in establishing a back-end site for Micron Taiwan.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Impact of growing application in consumer electronics industry
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Growth across various end-users, such as automotive electronics, communication sector, and consumer electronics
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customize DRAM Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook