Global Cumene Market - Segmented Into Application and Geography – Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
The global cumene market, expected to be valued at USD XX million in 2017, is projected to reach USD XX million by 2022, registering a CAGR of XX%, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).Cumene is also called isopropyl-benzene as it is produced from benzene and propylene. Cumene is an organic compound generally based on aromatic hydrocarbons with aliphatic substitution. It is a flammable and colorless liquid and a constituent of refined fuels and crude oil. It is made primarily for phenol and acetone production, which consume around 98% of all cumene, globally. Hence, it is closely dependent on the phenol market. It can also be used as a blending component in the gasoline pool, specifically, to avoid benzene restrictions in gasoline.The market is driven by the phenol and acetone market. The growing demand for phenol in various end-user industries such as plastics, composites, and laminates, acts as a market driver. Moreover, acetone production from cumene is also expected to drive the market, during the forecast period. However, environmental regulations associated with VAM is a constraint, especially, in the emerging economies. Further, the extended exposure of cumene causes harmful effects to human.The global cumene market is segmented, on the basis of application, into phenol, acetone, paints & enamel, high-octane aviation fuels and others ( derivatives of phenol and acetone).The market, on the basis of consumption, has been segmented, geographically, into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and the Middle-East & Africa. Asia-Pacific, specifically Northeast Asia, is the largest market for cumene market, followed by North America and Western Europe.
Opportunities and Major PlayersIncreasing use of cumene for polycarbonate production and the use as a blending component, in future, are expected to offer major growth opportunities for the players in the global cumene market.
Some of the major market players include:
• BASF SE
• Chang Chun Plastics Co., Ltd.
• Royal Dutch Shell PLC
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global cumene market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scales
• Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios and prospective opportunities
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section, with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global cumene market on the global and regional scales
• A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
• Insights on the major countries/regions, where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook