Global Advanced Protective Gears and Armour Market
Interest in the advanced protective clothing, gear and armor market has been consistently on the rise in the recent times due to numerous reasons. The primary driving factors of the phenomenal growth of the market are the emphasis being laid to reduce professional hazards and increase safety and protection of the workforce. Recent governmental policies and standards have re-instated the need for accountability in hazardous events or accidents at work sites. This has led corporates and multinationals to take initiatives by introducing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and clothing as part of the industry standard and norm.
The protective gear and armor market is big, complex and fragmented. The current focus is on designing, manufacturing and production, rather than on supplying and distributing. Clearly, the market is yet to reach its optimum potential. The domain of advanced protective clothing and equipment is predominantly well-established in North America, with the U.S leading with a market worth of USD 4.8 billion in 2016. The U.S market for PPE is expected to reach a staggering figure of USD 5.9 billion in the next five years with a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4%. Interestingly, more than 50% of the global demand for PPE is specifically from North America. The global market is projected to be worth USD 8.48 Billion by the end of 2021 with a CAGR of 6% from 2016 - 2021.
The market can be segmented based on type, users (industrial and personal users), industry (military, commercial, industrial, science and technology, agriculture and forestry, domestic, utilities, etc.), nature of hazards (extreme cold or hot events, ballistic and mechanical, chemical, biological and radiation), material (kevlar, nomex, polymide, fiberglass, flame retardant cotton etc.) and geography.
The report consists of a detailed account of the Personal Protective Equipment and clothing (PPEC) market, its size, share, volume, industry policy and standards, changing industry dynamics, innovation in technologies, fabrics, raw materials, Investment opportunities, future trends and projections. An in-depth analysis and quantitative assessment based on each product segment : primary (gear, armor , gloves, respirators and breathing sets, helmets, protective suits, shields, goggles and face shields, protective and padded vests) and ancillary (heads, caps, masks) are included in the report.
The leading players in the PPEC market are 3M, Kimberly-Clark, Royal TanCate, Honey International and Teijin Armid. Small, regional players and new entrants have also gained visibility in the market over the past decade. Company profiles, products and services, business models, key strategies, developments and takeovers and acquisitions have been elucidated in the report for a holistic understanding of the market and for aiding in making more informed business decisions.
What the report offers
1. Market definition for the global advanced protective gear and armor market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints.
2. Market analysis for the global advanced protective gear and armor market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global advanced protective gear and armor market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook