Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Market by Front-end Equipment (Lithography, Wafer Surface Conditioning, Cleaning Processes), Backend Equipment (Assembly & Packaging, Dicing, Bonding, Metrology), Fab Facility, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2023
“Semiconductor manufacturing equipment market to exhibit a high growth between 2017 and 2023”
The semiconductor manufacturing equipment market is projected to reach USD 62.56 billion by 2023 and is likely to grow at a CAGR of 6.86% between 2017 and 2023. The key factors driving the growth of the market include progress in research and development (R&D) facilities, increasing demand for electrical and hybrid vehicles, growing consumer electronic market, and increase in the number of foundries. However, the high cost and maintenance of the equipment and complexity of pattern and functional defects in manufacturing processes are inhibiting the growth of this market.
“3D ICs market to grow at a high rate in the coming years”
The semiconductor industry is driven to develop more innovative and advanced and miniature technologies because of the growing demand for new and more advanced electronic products with a smaller form factor, higher functionality, and high performance with a lower cost. The need for improved electrical performance has introduced 3D technology, which can replace the long interconnects used in 2D by short vertical interconnects.
“Semiconductor manufacturing equipment market in APAC to grow at a high rate in the coming years”
The APAC region accounts for the largest share in the overall semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. The presence of local players such as Nikon (Japan) and Canon (Japan) are also contributing toward the growth of the market in the region. The semiconductor manufacturing equipment market in APAC held the largest share owing to low-cost labors in China, Taiwanese innovation and advancement in fabrication plants, and Japanese semiconductor equipment manufacturing capabilities, which are some of the cutting-edge advantages for the Asian semiconductor industry. Also, other factors such as increasing raw material suppliers, low labor cost, and increasing investment by global business giants are driving the market growth.
Breakdown of the profile of the primary participants:
• By Company Type: Tier 1—40%, Tier 2—35%, and Tier 3—25%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives—35%, Directors—25%, and Others—40%
• By Region: North America—45%, Europe—30%, APAC—20%, and RoW—5%
The major key players operating in the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market includes Applied Material, Lam Research, ASML, Tokyo Electronics, KLA-Tencor, Screen Semiconductor Solutions, Nikon, Hitachi, and ASML International.
In this report, various segments such as front-end, backend, dimensions, fab facility, and geography of the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market have been covered. It also discusses the key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market. The report gives a detailed view of the market across 3 main regions: North America, Europe, and APAC.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
• This report includes the market statistics pertaining to front-end, backend, dimensions, fab facility, and geography.
• The major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market have been detailed in this report.
• Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for markets based on front-end, backend, dimensions, fab facility, and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the market.
• A detailed competitive landscape has been provided that includes key players, revenue of key players, and strategic developments, among others.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook