Radiotherapy Market by Type (External (IGRT, IMRT, 3D-CRT), Internal (LDR, HDR) & Systemic), Product (Proton Beam, Cyberknife, LINAC, Seed, Samarium), Application (Prostate, Breast, Cervical), End User, and Region - Global Forecasts to 2022
“Radiotherapy market projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8%.”
The global radiotherapy market is expected to reach USD 9.47 billion by 2022 from USD 6.81 billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 6.8%. The rapidly increasing geriatric population, growing incidence of cancer cases across the globe, increasing symposiums driving investments in radiotherapy, and rising demand for radiotherapy devices and procedures globally are some of the key factors driving the growth of this market. However, the underdeveloped public health infrastructure in developing nations and the shortage of trained and skilled radiation oncologists are the major factors that are expected to restrain the growth of this market.
“Prostate cancer holds the largest share of the market by application.”
On the basis of application, the radiotherapy market covers external beam radiotherapy and internal beam radiotherapy applications for various cancers. In 2016, the prostate segment held the largest share in both the segments. The growing incidence of prostate cancer and high success rates achieved with external beam radiation are the major factors driving the growth of this market segment.
“Cancer research institutes are expected to grow at the highest CAGR during 2017 to 2022.”
On the basis of end user, the cancer research institutes segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growing awareness about the research applications of radiotherapy devices, development of cost-effective and technologically advanced diagnostic and therapeutic radiotherapy systems, and increasing industry-academia collaborations in the field of research are the key factors driving the demand for radiotherapy techniques among cancer research institutes.
“APAC is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.”
North America accounted for the largest share of the market in 2016, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period from 2017 to 2022. The high growth in this segment can be attributed to the growing number of new cancer cases, improvements in healthcare facilities, growing medical tourism, and focus of global players on the emerging nations in Asia-Pacific such as China and India.
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews: by company type, designation, and region:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 –20%, Tier 2 –38% and Tier 3 –42%
• By Designation – C-level – 15%, Director level – 24%, Others – 61%
• By Region – North America - 34%, Europe – 26%, APAC – 23%, RoW – 17%
Some of the major players in the market are Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (U.S.), Elekta AB (Sweden), Accuray Incorporated (U.S.), Ion Beam Applications (IBA) (Belgium), Nordion, Inc. (Canada), C. R. Bard, Inc. (U.S.), Isoray Medical, Inc. (U.S.), RaySearch Laboratories (Sweden), Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. (U.S.), and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan).
This report studies the radiotherapy market based on product type, type, application, and end user. The report also studies factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting market growth. It analyzes opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. Furthermore, the report analyzes micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four main regions.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insights perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry trends, vendor dive analysis of 25 market players, company profiles of the top 15 market players, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the radiotherapy market, and high-growth regions and countries and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on business strategies adopted by the major players in the radiotherapy market. The report analyzes the radiotherapy market based on product type, type, application, end user, and region
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and product launches in the radiotherapy market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various radiotherapy products across geographies
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the radiotherapy market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products and services, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the radiotherapy market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook