Plasterboard Market by Type (Standard, Fire-Resistant, Sound-insulated, Moisture-Resistant, Thermal, Specialist, Impact-Resistant), Form (Tapered-Edged and Square-Edged), End-Use Sector, and Region - Global Forecast to 2021
“Plasterboard market projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7%”
The plasterboard market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period of 2016–2021 and reach USD 23.85 billion by 2021. The plasterboard market is gaining momentum in the modern construction industry due to the factors such as superior quality, low cost, and ease of installation of the plasterboard. Moreover, the technological advancements in extrusion and processing is also driving the market for plasterboard. However, lack of awareness about recyclability of plasterboard among end users and lack of availability of plasterboard waste disposal plants act as retraining factors for the plasterboard market.
“The standard plasterboard segment accounted for the highest market share in the plasterboard market in 2015”
The standard plasterboard segment dominated the plasterboard market in 2015 and is projected to retain the leading position through 2021. Standard wallboard is the most commonly used plasterboard and comes in different sizes. This type of plasterboard is expected to witness a higher growth in the emerging Asia-Pacific, Latin American, and Middle Eastern & African regions than in the developed regions. The higher growth of the standard plasterboard market in these regions is driven by the increasing number of new building constructions, both residential and non-residential, as well as the low pricing of standard boards.
“The tapered-edged segment, by form, accounted for a considerably higher market share in the plasterboard market”
The plasterboard market has been segmented into two forms, namely, tapered-edged and square-edged. The tapered-edged plasterboard led the demand for plasterboard in 2015 and is projected to grow at a higher CAGR from 2016 to 2021. This growth can be attributed to the easy and quick installation of tapered-edged plasterboard. Developed countries have a higher demand for tapered-edged plasterboard compared to that of developing countries.
“The Asia-Pacific region expected to witness the fastest-growth during the forecast period”
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to register the highest CAGR globally, between 2016 and 2021. China was the largest market for plasterboard in the Asia-Pacific region, in 2015. The Chinese market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of construction activities in the region as well as population in China, Indonesia, and India are driving the growth of the Asia-Pacific plasterboard market.
Breakdown of Primaries
By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 35%
By Designation: Director Level – 65% and Manager Level – 35%
By Region: North America – 25%, Europe – 28%, Asia-Pacific – 22%, Latin America – 10%, and Middle East & Africa – 15%
Note: The tier of the companies is defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2015.
Tier 1: Revenue > USD 10 billion; Tier 2: USD 1 billion > Revenue > USD 10 billion; Tier 3: Revenue < USD 1 billion
The various key players profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Armstrong World Industries Inc. (U.S.)
2. Etex Group (Belgium)
3. Saint-Gobain S.A. (France)
4. Gypsum Management and Supply, Inc. (U.S.)
5. USG Corporation (U.S.)
6. Georgia Pacific LLC (U.S.)
7. Boral Limited (Australia)
8. KNAUF Gips KG (Germany)
9. Fletcher Building Limited (New Zealand)
10. LafargeHolcim Ltd. (Switzerland)
11. National Gypsum Company (U.S.)
12. Mada Gypsum Company (Saudi Arabia)
13. Beijing New Building Material Group (China)
14. Gypsemna (UAE)
15. Gyprock (Australia)
16. Siniat Ltd (U.K.)
17. Ayhaco Gypsum Products (UAE)
18. Ahlstrom Corporation (Finland)
19. Tai Shah Gypsum Co. (China)
20. Yoshino Gypsum Co., Ltd. (Japan)
21. Tanzania Gypsum Limited (Tanzania)
22. Atiskan Gypsum Products Co Inc. (Turkey)
23. Jason Plasterboard Co. Ltd. (China)
24. Gyptec Iberica (Portugal)
The primary objective of the study is to define, segment, and project the global plasterboard market on the basis of type, form, end-use sector, and region. The study also aims at strategically analyzing micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market. It also provides detailed information about the main factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges). In addition to this, the study analyzes competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions, expansions, partnerships, agreements, joint ventures & collaborations, new product developments, and research & development activities in the plasterboard market.
Reasons to buy the report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the plasterboard market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes mergers & acquisitions, expansions, new product launches, and partnerships.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook