Non-Volatile Memory Market by Type (Flash (NAND, NOR), EEPROM, NVSRAM, Embedded, EPROM, 3D NAND, MRAM/STTMRAM, FRAM, RERAM/CBRAM, 3D XPOINT, NRAM), End-User Industry, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022
“Non-volatile memory market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.96% between 2016 and 2022.”
The non-volatile memory market has entered the growth phase and is expected to grow further in the coming years. The market is expected to be worth USD 81.51 billion in 2022, at a CAGR of 9.96% between 2016 and 2022. The drivers for this market are the need for high-speed, low-power consuming, and highly scalable memory devices and the growing demand for non-volatile memory in connected and wearable devices. The main restraint for this market is the low write endurance.
“Emerging non-volatile memory market is estimated to grow a high CAGR during the forecast period.”
The market for emerging memories is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The emerging non-volatile memories overcome the limitations of traditional non-volatile memory in terms of scalability, endurance, and others. Also, the emerging non-volatile memories are widely being used in data center applications such as searching, mining, business analytics, digital media creation/transmission, and financial modeling to minimize downtime.
“Market for consumer electronics industry held the largest share of the non-volatile memory market in 2015.”
The non-volatile memory market is mostly driven by connected and wearable devices. Smartphones, digital cameras, gaming devices, and other consumer electronics devices also demand non-volatile memory in bulk.
“APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing market for non-volatile memory during the forecast period.”
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR because of the huge customer base for consumer electronics in APAC as well as the presence of major global foundries in this region, which lead to the rapid development of non-volatile memory technologies and reduced time to market.
Breakdown of the profile of primary participants:
• By Company: Tier 1 - 45 %, Tier 2 - 32%, and Tier 3 - 23%
• By Designation: C-level Executives - 25%, Directors - 32%, and Others - 43%
• By Region: North America - 25%, Europe - 37%, APAC - 28%, and RoW - 10%
The major players profiled in this report include:
• Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
• Toshiba Corp. (Japan)
• Micron Technology, Inc. (U.S.)
• SK Hynix, Inc. (South Korea)
• Western Digital Corp. (U.S.)
• Adesto Technologies Corp. (U.S.)
• Intel Corporation. (U.S.)
• Microchip Technology, Inc. (U.S.)
• Fujitsu Ltd. (Japan)
• Everspin Technologies, Inc. (U.S.)
• Viking Technologies Ltd. (U.S.)
• Crossbar Inc. (U.S.)
• Nantero Inc. (U.S.)
• Kilopass Technology Inc. (U.S.)
• Sidense Corp. (U.S.)
The non-volatile memory market report has been segmented on the basis of type into traditional non-volatile memory and emerging non-volatile memory. The study also covers the market on the basis of end-user industry and geography regard to four main regions, namely, Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, and RoW.
Reasons to buy the report
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the non-volatile memory market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and those of the subsegments across different end-user industries and regions.
2. The report would help stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions in the non-volatile memory market.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook