Microscopy Market by Product (Microscopes, Accessories), Type (Optical Microscope, Electron Microscope, AFM, STM, NSOM), Application (Semiconductor, Nanotechnology, Electronics), End User (Industrial, Research Institute, Blood Bank) - Global Forecast to 2022
“Microscopy market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.7%.”
The microscopy market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.7% to reach USD 7.39 billion by 2022 from USD 5.60 billion in 2017. Market growth can be attributed to the rising government and corporate funding for R&D in microscopy, technological advancements in microscopes, and the rising focus on nanotechnology and regenerative medicine. Whereas, factors such as high cost of advanced microscopes and implementation of excise tax and heavy customs duty are restraining the growth of the market.
“The digital microscopes segment is expected to register the highest CAGR”
On the basis of type, the microscopy market is segmented into optical microscopes, electron microscopes, scanning probe microscopes, and other microscopes. In terms of value, the optical microscopes segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Among optical microscopes, digital microscopes are expected to grow with the highest CAGR. Technological advancements in the microscopes have enabled the development of digital microscopes. These microscopes have an ergonomic design and enable easy and in-depth visualization of the specimen. Moreover, the software used for digital microscopes allows storage of multiple user profiles.
“Semiconductors application segment is expected to account for the largest share in 2017”
On the basis of application, the market is classified into semiconductors, life sciences, material sciences, nanotechnology, and other applications (automotive, aerospace, electronics, oil & gas, environmental, and water treatment applications). In terms of value, in 2017, the semiconductors segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market. The growing demand for miniature transistor chips, nanoelectronics, quantum dots, and optoelectronics is the major factor driving the demand for microscopes in the semiconductor industry.
“Asia Pacific to provide significant growth opportunities during the forecast period”
Geographically, North America is the largest market for microscopy market, followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW. The APAC region is expected to witness the highest growth in the forecast period. The rising R&D funding for the development of microscopes, increasing nanotechnology research, low material costs, and growing expertise and academic excellence in emerging APAC countries such as China and India are the major factors driving the growth of this market.
Break-up profile of primaries:
• By Company Type- Tier 1-40%, Tier 2-35% and Tier 3-25%
• By Designation-C-level-33%, D-level-41% and Others-26%
• By Region-North America-35%, Asia-21%, Europe-30%, and RoW-14%
The key players in the microscopy market are Carl Zeiss (Germany), Danaher (US), Thermo Fisher (US), Nikon (Japan), Bruker (US), Olympus (Japan), Oxford Instruments (UK), JEOL (Japan), and Hitachi High-Technologies (Japan).
The microscopy market in this report is segmented by product, type, application, end user, and region. The study tracks and analyzes competitive developments such as product launches, expansions, agreements, partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions, and profiles the key players and core competencies in the microscopy market.
Reasons to buy this report:
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on portfolios offered by the top players in the global microscopy market. The report analyzes the microscopy market by product, type, application, end user, and region.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and product launches in the microscopy market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for microscopes across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, and recent developments in the global microscopy market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the key players in the global microscopy market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook