Geotechnical Instrumentation and Monitoring Market by Offering (Hardware & Software, Services), Technology (Wired, Wireless), Structure (Tunnels & Bridges, Buildings & Utilities, Dams), End user, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“The geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market estimated to grow at a CAGR of 11.37% between 2017 and 2022”
The geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market is estimated to grow from USD 2.37 billion in 2016 to USD 4.64 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 11.37% between 2017 and 2022. Growth of the geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market can be attributed to the increasing infrastructural investment across various countries all over the world, catastrophic failure of structures resulting in loss of lives, stringent environmental regulations pertaining to the sustainability of structures, and increasing awareness and superior benefits of geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring. However, the high installation cost, along with the slow adoption rate in emerging economies is restraining the market growth.
“The service segment is estimated to dominate the geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market between 2017 and 2022”
Among offerings, the service segment is projected to dominate the geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market during the forecast period. The presence of a large number of companies offering geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring solutions and equipment is the major reason for this growth. In addition, geotechnical instruments, once purchased, can be used in multiple projects or offered on rent, due to which the service segment has a larger market, and is also estimated to grow at a higher rate during the forecast period.
“The geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market in Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
This report covers regions such as the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). The Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022. The major reason behind this is the increasing infrastructural investments and stringent government regulations pertaining to structural safety in the region. Factors such as increased population and urbanization have led to an increase in the usage of structures, such as bridges, buildings, highways, and tunnels. Countries such as China and South Korea have some of the tallest skyscrapers in the world. The Asia-Pacific region has started focusing on the benefits of geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring, with countries such as Singapore, Japan, India, and South Korea implementing it in their structures to maintain safety.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people in the geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market. The break-up of the profile of primary participants is given below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 25%, Tier 2 – 40%, and Tier 3 – 35%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives – 50%, Director Level – 40%, and Others – 10%
• By Region: North America – 35%, Europe – 22%, Asia-Pacific – 28%, RoW – 15%
Major players in the geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market are Fugro N.V. (Netherlands), Keller Group plc (U.K.), Geokon, Incorporated (U.S.), Durham Geo Slope Indicator, Inc. (U.S.), Nova Metrix LLC (U.S.), Geocomp Corporation (U.S.), and Sisgeo Srl (Italy).
This report covers the offering segment, which consists of hardware & software and services. In terms of networking technology type, the market is segmented into wired and wireless. Geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring implementation consists of structure types that include tunnels & bridges, building & utilities, dams, and others. Others include mining, pipelines, and landfills. Based on end-user application, the market is segmented into building & infrastructure, energy & power, oil & gas, and mining. Based on region, the market is divided into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
• This report includes market statistics pertaining to the offering, networking technology type, structure, end user, and region along with their respective revenues
• The major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market have been covered in this report
• Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market based on offering, networking technology type, structure type, end user type, and region have been conducted to provide an overall view of the geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market
• A detailed competitive landscape has been provided that includes key players, in-depth analysis, and revenues of key players
• The available customizations for the report offer further country-wise segmentation of the geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring market in terms of value. Further breakdown of the industry could be provided along with the profiling of additional companies in the report.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook