Minneapolis - Comprehensive Overview of the City, PEST Analysis and Analysis of Key Industries including Technology, Tourism and Hospitality, Construction and Retail
“City Profile - Minneapolis” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Minneapolis.
Minneapolis is the county city of Minnesota state and largest of the twin cities (Minneapolis and Saint Paul) in terms of population. The city was ranked second in terms of human capital and lifestyle, fifth in terms of economic potential, and fifth in overall performance among the top 10 “American Cities of the Future Awards in 2015.” The city is a key contributor for the national economy with strong presence of the financial and ITES industries, followed by the performance of leading companies that are listed in the Fortune 500. The area's economy was hit hard by the new coronary pneumonia pandemic, which already impacted the major economic thriving sectors such as tourism, construction, transportation, trade and retail.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to Buy
- The service and industry sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Minneapolis is one of the key tourist destinations of the Minnesota state, for both domestic and international tourists.
- The tourism sector in the city, which is experiencing persistent growth in terms of both visitors and tourism spending, is anticipated to be hit hard in 2020 due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus. In January 2020, tourist arrivals to the city declined as the US and rest of the world closed their borders to control the spread of virus. Few of top events such as NCAA Wrestling Championships and Summer X Games, supposed to attract more visitors in 2020 were canceled due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Minneapolis metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2020
- Table 2: Minneapolis metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Minneapolis metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Minneapolis metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Minneapolis metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Minneapolis metropolitan area - main universities, 2020
- Table 7: Minneapolis metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Minneapolis metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Minneapolis metropolitan area - mass transit network indicators, 2020
- Table 10: Minneapolis metropolitan area - Minneapolis Saint Paul International Airport’s key indicators, 2016-20
- Table 11: Minneapolis city - Fortune Global 500 companies, HQ in City, 2020
- Table 12: Minneapolis-St. Paul Twin Cities - office rents, Q4 2020
- Table 13: Minneapolis-St. Paul - tourism indicators, 2014-18
- Table 14: Minneapolis metropolitan area - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Minneapolis metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Minneapolis metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Minneapolis metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Minneapolis metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Minneapolis metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Minneapolis metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)