1. Demand for layered defense solutions that counter targeted cyberattacks will increase because of the Cybersecurity Basic Act coming into effect
2. There will be calls for enhancement of measures to counter information leaks because of the My Number System and because company employees are more fluid and global
3. There will be calls for making threats visible to management because of laws and regulations, as well as because of more serious security incidents
4. There will be increased use of authentication solutions that make use of techniques such as multi-factor authentication because of increased security-related damage at financial institutions from impersonation schemes
5. There will be more consequential security-related damage affecting point of sale (POS) devices, ATMs, and other commercial devices, and there will be calls for security measures through industry-specific systems
6. There will be expansion of end-point security from only software-based measures to hardware-based ones, as well, because of advancements in Internet of Things (IoT)
7. Security technologies optimized for mobile devices will promote the use of mobile security
8. Spending on SaaS-based security solutions will accelerate because of advancements of 3rd Platform-technologies and because of more sophisticated cyberattacks
9. Security threats affecting Windows Server 2003 will grow more serious
10. There will be a greater sense of crisis concerning cyberattacks, promoting proactive defense measures that employ interactive security intelligence
Japan IT Security 2015 Top 10 Predictions Description
This IDC study, considers and presents an overview of IDC's top 10 predictions regarding notable trends in the Japanese IT security market in 2015.
In the Japanese IT security market of 2015, security measures for the "3rd Platform" of the cloud, mobility, Big Data/analytics, and social technology will emerge, as will security technologies optimized to counter ever-more-sophisticated targeted cyberattacks. These measures and technologies will likely be the drivers of the market. In addition, the 3rd Platform will be fully utilized
Please Note: Extended description available upon request.