Turkey Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2025
Turkey Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2025 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
Turkey’s defense budget for FY 2020 is set at US$14.8 bn, up from the previous year's figure of US$13.9 bn. This trajectory is predicted to continue into the future period, as the total defense budget is set to reach a high in FY 2025 with US$17.5 bn. This increase is in line with Turkey’s 2019-2023 Strategic Plan, which seeks to increase investment into locally developed military platforms, in order to domestically procure 70% of its military equipment and position itself as a key export country. With a complex security environment such as heightening tensions with Greece in the Eastern Mediterranean and anti-PKK operations in Northern Iraq, Turkey has invested in several main acquisition projects to modernize and augment its fleet.
Although Turkey has been impacted substantially by the COVID-19 pandemic which has seen a decrease in their 2020 GDP figures by -1.33%, defense expenditure is predicted to slowly increase over the forecast period reaching a total of US$17.5bn in 2025.
In line with the 2019-2023 strategic vision, Turkey has sought to increase defense expenditure in order to invest in the domestic defense industry and the development of local platforms to meet the needs of the Turkish military. Spending on defense also witnessed an increase due to a number of primary threats to the country, such as the continued operations against the PKK and escalating tensions with Greece. The Turkish government continued to prioritize defense expenditure in 2020, despite the impact of COVID-19. Some of the main upcoming indigenously produced procurement projects for the Turkish Armed Forces include the development of the TF-X fighter aircraft, and the acquisitions of the TCG Andalou LHD, U-214 Submarines and Altay MBTs.
This report offers detailed analysis of Turkey's defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
Who Should Buy
ScopeIn particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Defence Startup's, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
- The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
- The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
Reasons to Buy
- Turkey's defense budget: detailed analysis of Turkey's FY2020 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of Turkey's military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Turkey's military regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Turkey are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Turkish defense industry.
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Turkish defense market over the next five years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Turkish market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Turkish defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Turkish government
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
- Executive Summary
- Defense Budget Assessment
- Budgeting Process
- Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
- Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
- Military Doctrine And Security Environment
- Military Doctrine And Strategy
- Primary Threat Perception
- Political And Strategic Alliances
- Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
- Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
- Procurement Policy And Process
- Market Regulations
- Market Entry Route
- Key Challenges
- Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
- Market Attractiveness, 2020-2025
- Top Defense Segments By Value
- Import And Export Market Dynamics
- Import Market Dynamics
- Export Market Dynamics
- Defense Platform Acquisitions
- Defense Platform Acquisitions By Value
- TCG Andalou LHD
- Altay MBT T1 & T2
- Fleet Size
- Competitive Landscape
- Defense Companies Operating In Turkey
- Main Defense Companies
- About This Report
- About Us
- Contact Us