Success Case Study: Swiggy Food Delivery - A disruptive food-tech start-up that has revolutionized the food delivery space in India
In the four years since its inception, Swiggy has expanded to 60 Indian cities with a network of 55,000 restaurant partners and a fleet of over 120,000 delivery drivers. Despite fierce competition and high operating costs, it registered strong growth in operating revenues and order volumes through FY 2018. The company raised about $1.45 billion in funds through 2018, making it one of the most valuable food tech start-ups in the country.
Swiggy, a food-tech startup, has emerged as one of the top companies in the highly competitive Indian hyperlocal food-delivery market.
Reasons to buy
- Swiggy identified an underserved need for convenient and more personalized food-delivery services among net-savvy urban Indians.
- The company adopted a data-driven and customer-centric approach to executing orders in a timely and dependable manner.
- Swiggy has gained a strong following through its constant commitment to refining its user experience and develop innovative service offerings to fulfill various consumer needs.
- There is strong demand for hyperlocal services that offer convenience and time savings to consumers with consistent quality and reliability.
- Food delivery services need to shift focus from customer acquisition to customer retention.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What?
- 3. Why?
- 4. Take-Outs
- 5. Appendix