Success Case Study: Sapporo Chu-Hi 99.99
Success Case Study: Sapporo Chu-Hi 99.99 is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Sapporo Chuhi 99.99 premix spirits drink in Japan. It delivers the critical what?, why?, and so what? analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Launched in August 2018, Sapporo Chu-Hi 99.99 is a new drink brand featuring 99.99% pure vodka as its base and non-sweet flavors, targeting men in their 40s as its core consumers. The launch proved resonant with its target audience, with sales volume reaching 4 million cases less than a year after release.
Reasons to buy
- Sapporo Chu-Hi 99.99 is explicitly focused on delivering a base spirit and unsweetened flavor formulation that meet Generation X consumers’ preferences.
- The package creates a simple yet premium image that makes the brand stand out in Japan’s highly competitive flavored alcoholic beverage market.
- Studying market dynamics, such as age demographics, and using that information to find potential target consumers, is crucial in developing flavored alcoholic beverage innovations.
- Understanding preferences in taste and packaging approaches by such consumer groups is likewise critical in developing a demographically resonant product.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development."
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What?
- 3. Why?
- 4. Take-Outs
- 5. Appendix