Slovakia: Country Intelligence ReportDemographic and macroeconomic context in Slovakia.The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market.Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook. Scope
Slovakia: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Slovakia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Slovakia through 2017-2022 will be driven by the mobile data and fixed broadband service segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment until 2021. Mobile data segment will however surpass mobile voice as leading revenue contributor in 2022. Operator focus on expanding 4G LTE/LTE-A network and FTTH services will boost mobile and fixed broadband markets respectively moving forwards. 5G development, M2M/IoT opportunities and government’s National Broadband Strategy will all provide ample opportunities for vendors and investors over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
Reasons to buy
- The total telecom service revenue in Slovakia, when valued in local currency, will grow at a CAGR of 0.8% (2.6% in $), mainly driven by the mobile data and fixed broadband segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 75.4% of total telecom service revenue by year-end 2022, driven by continued rise in adoption of LTE/LTE-A services and projected addition of 5G subscriptions from 2021.
- 4G will overtake 3G as the most adopted mobile technology by 2019 and account for approximately 65.4% of total mobile subscriptions by 2022.
- Orange Slovakia leads Slovakia’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Slovak Telekom and O2 Slovakia. All operators will enhance and expand their 4G/LTE network and offer data-centric plans.
- Slovak Telekom leads the fixed voice and broadband segments. Fixed operators will focus on fiber network expansions and integrated service plans to drive fixed broadband subscriptions.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Slovakia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Slovakia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Slovakia’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Slovakia.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Slovak Telekom
- Orange Slovakia
- O2 Slovakia
- UPC Slovakia
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- About the authors
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData