Robotics - Global Thematic Research
For nearly five decades, the robot industry has been a small industry pretending to be big. In 2015, the global robot industry generated revenues of $42 billion, according to the International Federation of Robotics. Over 83% of these revenues were from sales of ‘industrial robots’ to manufacturing companies.
While traditional industrial robot revenues are growing at single digit rates, the ‘professional service robot’ market - which includes military drones and medical surgery robots - is on a much faster trajectory of 35% CAGR.
In this report, we look at robotics as an investment theme and identifies some of the companies which will be heavily impacted by this theme.
Reasons to buy
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
- Robot manufacturers
- Component makers
- How robotics will morph into a mega-theme
- The robot industry is close to an inflection point
- because it is the next big productivity platform
- New markets are being opened up by the next generation of personal robots
- Building the brains remains the most difficult part
- Industry analysis
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Industrial robot market
- Service robot market
- Companies watch list
- Valuation screen
- Table GlobalData's Valuation Screen ranks companies within a sector based on selected consensus valuation metrics.
- Appendix: Our "Thematic" research methodology
- Table Five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard