IT in Retail - Technology Priorities (2016/2017): Successfully targeting retailers with competitive ICT solutions
IT in Retail - Technology Priorities (2016/2017), report presents the findings from a survey of 152 retailers regarding their ICT investment trends, ICT budgets allocations and core technology priorities. The report aims to provide end-user insight for ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to retailers.
Retailers will aim to address the following key challenges through IT in 2017: supply chain management efficiencies, offering a superior customer experience across channels, and gaining better insight from existing as well as new data sources.
Reasons to buy
- The share of outsourced IT services is growing among retailers, however business-critical functions tend to remain in-house
- Network virtualization, automated resource management and business insight are key areas for investment in 2017
- Retailers show a strong preference for vendors that can demonstrate expertise in the retail sector and offer vertical-specific solutions or features rather than generic technology-based ones.
- Gain insight into key investment trends and budget priorities in retail. Through GlobalData' survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to retailers.
- Executive summary
- Survey demographics
- Outsourced IT functions
- Enterprise applications
- Business intelligence
- Green IT & virtualization
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
- Key decision makers
- ICT provider selection
- Technology areas by investment
- Technology areas by upgrades
- Targeting retailers with technology solutions