PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Germany
Services contributed (68.9%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by manufacturing, mining and utilities (25.7%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow at a robust pace of 3% and 2.3% respectively in 2017.
Nordrhein-Westfalen Region, Bayern Region and Baden-Württemberg Region are among the best performing regions in Germany. They contribute 54.7% to the GDP and comprises 50.6% of the German population.
Reasons to buy
- Germany ranked 10th out of 136 nations in the GCRI Q2 2017. The country’s score is in the very low risk nations band (below 30).
- The government has earmarked US$16.4 bn for the development of infrastructure in 2017, an increase of 10% over the last year. In March 2016, the government announced plan to spend EUR264 bn (US$278 bn) on the construction of roads and railways by 2030.
- Germany remained at number one spot in the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2016
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Germany's Performance In Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Developed Europe & Middle East and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Germany Stock Index (Dax (^Gdaxi))
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, Greenfield Investments and FDI by Sector’s Share (2016)
- Exhibit 7: Investment by Region and Country, 2016
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2012-2016
- Exhibit 14: Total Value of Pharmaceutical Products Export as % of World Export, 2016
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages, 2012-16
- Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 27: Business R&D Expenditure (% of total expenditure), 2015
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Germany 2018
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions