Colombia Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026
Colombia Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
Colombia’s defense expenditure is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.83% to value US$12.7 billion in 2026. As a percentage of GDP, the country’s defense expenditure is expected to average 2.6% over the forecast period, compared to the 2.4% recorded during the historic period. During the historic period, the Colombian government allocated an average of 4.2% of its defense budget to acquisition expenditure, which includes both the purchase of new equipment and upgrade programs for existing equipment. The rest of the budget was allocated to operating expenditure and other expenditures, which includes salaries, planning, administration, and training expenditure. On a cumulative basis, Colombia allocated US$1.9 billion to acquisition expenditure during the historic period, which is anticipated to value US$3.6 billion over the forecast period. Acquisition expenditure is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 12.45%, while Operation and Maintenance expenditure will increase at a CAGR of 5,.84% over the forecast period.
This report offers detailed analysis of Colombia defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
Drivers of Defense expenditure include acquisition of advanced military equipment to strengthen the relatively small army of the country and continuous threats if radicalization. Major ongoing procurement programs include procurement of Plataforma Estratégica de Superficie (PES) frigate, Sistema RPAS Táctico de Altas Prestaciones (SIRTAP)
Who Should Buy
- Defence Startups, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
- The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
- The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
Reasons to Buy
- Colombia defense budget: detailed analysis of Colombia FY2021 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of Colombia military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Colombia military regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Colombia are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Colombia defense industry.
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Colombia defense market over the next five years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Colombia market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Colombia defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Colombia government
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country.
- The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
- Executive Summary
- Defense Budget Assessment
- Budgeting Process
- Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
- Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
- Military Doctrin