Azerbaijan Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
GlobalData’s ‘Azerbaijan Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance’ report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Azerbaijan.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Azerbaijani insurance industry is regulated by the Ministry of Finance.
- Up to 30% foreign direct investment is permitted in the Azerbaijani insurance industry.
- The following classes of insurance are compulsory in Azerbaijan: motor third-party liability, workers’ compensation, auditor’s professional liability insurance, passenger insurance for public transport and real estate insurance.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Azerbaijan.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Azerbaijan. However, reinsurance can be placed with registered foreign reinsurers.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk, and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Azerbaijan, including-
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Azerbaijan.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons to Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Azerbaijan.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country's insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Provides FAQ-style analytical insights comprising 129 knowledge elements on insurance compliance applicable to the country.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Azerbaijan.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Azerbaijani insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- Legislation Overview
- Supervision and Control
- Compulsory Insurance
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Company Registration and Operation
- Foreign Direct Investment / Ownership
- Minimum Capital Requirements
- Solvency Margins
- Reserve Requirements
- Statutory Return Requirements
- Fee Structure
- Tax on Insurance Premium
- Corporate Income Tax
- Corporate Capital Gains Tax
- Value Added Tax
- Legal System
- Policy Practice
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Azerbaijan - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2021