Key Medical Imaging Companies in Asia-Pacific, 2018
The Asia-Pacific medical imaging industry is in the growth stage. Both established and new medical imaging manufacturers in the region are constantly focusing on innovating new products, while simultaneously looking at ways to reduce the cost incurred for placing their products. Using these manufacturers as partners or joint venture participants offers niche multinational manufacturers an effective means to penetrate the region.
Multinational participants hold a major market share in the region. However, with the advent of frugal innovation and support from governments, there is significant growth in the number of domestic medical imaging companies in South Korea, China and India. The Asia-Pacific region also witnesses a huge rise in private hospitals and favorable health insurance reimbursements. There is an increasing demand for patient safety, quality of technologies, reduced hospitalization, and a reduction in the overall healthcare costs. This has led to the growth of domestic medical imaging participants in the region. Overview, business profile, product profile, and business highlights are discussed for vendors (Swissray Global Healthcare Holding Limited, Listem Corporation, Medien International, DK Medical Systems, Medi-Future Inc, Samsung Medison Co Ltd., GEMSS Medical, Hitachi Medical Corporation, Fujifilm Healthcare, Canon Medical Systems Corporation, Shimadzu Corporation, Konica Minolta Inc, Allengers Medical Systems, China Resources Wandong Medical Equipment Co.Ltd, and United Imaging Healthcare).
Indicative Parameters for Selection
• An Asia-Pacific or domestic OEM manufacturing company.
• Having a registered trade mark in respective countries.
• Products should meet CE, FDA, and ISO approval standards.
• The company should be one of the significant market participants in any of the five segments of wound management, cardiac devices, orthopedic implants, infection control devices, and infusion therapy, or should have annual revenue of more than $5 million.
• Revenues for the total Asia-Pacific medical imaging equipment market (Australia, India, China, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Southeast Asia) were estimated at $10.8 Billion in 2017.
• The medical imaging market in Japan accounts for more than 60.0% of the Asia-Pacific market.
• GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, and Siemens Healthineers are some of the major participants operating in the Asia-Pacific region.
This market insight aims to profile select medical imaging companies in Asia-Pacific for 2017.
The aim of this market insight is to analyze and profile the Asia-Pacific medical imaging manufacturers based on certain parameters.
This research service covers the markets of computed tomography (CT) scanners, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners, ultrasound equipment, general X-ray (GXR) equipment, interventional X-ray and the molecular imaging equipment market.
This market insight service provides the following deliverables:
Overview of the Asia-Pacific medical imaging manufacturers
Profiles of companies to watch
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook