European Home Automation Systems Market, Forecast to 2022
In the past couple of years, products and services associated with home automation and smart and connected homes have changed the consumer perception on technological innovations. Homes are no longer simply a place for eating, sleeping, and relaxing. Rather, they are being remodelled everyday into a connected and personalised ecosystem of services. Home automation systems (HAS) and solutions have been creating an environment whereby a seamless experience and high comfort levels can be achieved at home, especially in the ‘luxury’ end of the market. Connectivity and response from establishing user-interactive features are becoming high-impact trends and accelerating growth in home automation.
This study describes how the Internet of Things (IoT) has influenced technologies such as near field communication (NFC), wearable technology, and smartphones and the inexorable penetration of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (which has enabled people to afford smart devices and connect in ways that were never possible earlier) and how it is being remodelled every day into a connected and personalised ecosystem of services. In this study, we have segmented the home automation market based on its scope as hardware and software. Hardware includes home measuring and monitoring devices, home controller units/master hubs and plug and play devices, whereas software includes applications to control and automate home functions.
The study includes revenue forecasts by country and region, technology trends, competitive analysis, and identification of growth opportunities in this dynamic market. Amongst the main future trends is voice-over-technology that enables users to interact with the home automation system directly. It can be remodelled using self-learning and artificial intelligence, which is expected to make the HAS experience into a seamless one. With an extraordinary growth projected across Europe in line with the increasing connectivity and convergence, Frost & Sullivan expects this market to continue attracting new entrants with continuous innovation, thereby proving to be a dynamic space with great potential for new and innovative business opportunities.
Key questions this study will answer:
• Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• How dynamic is the market? Are there acquisitions? Will there be new entrants from related industries? If so, which industries are likely to
enter this domain?
• What are the emerging technologies impacting the growth of the home automation market?
• Which countries have the potential to grow during the next five years and what are the regional trends that are currently widespread in each
• What are the different sales distributions channels present in the home automation market? Are they likely to change in the future?