Advances in Digital Manufacturing (TechVision)
With the advent of Industry 4.0 and smart factories, digital manufacturing technologies have been experiencing significant technological growth in the recent years. Technologies are playing a vital role in the revolutionary transformation of many key industries, such as aerospace, automotive, industrial automation, healthcare, and oil and gas sectors. Digitized solutions, tools and platforms are used for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) which allows manufacturers to efficiently optimize their design, production, assembly, and supply chain operations.
Industries and manufacturers will also be able to integrate these technologies for process planning, plant layout, process and material flow simulation, feasibility and virtual validation of a product or component before implementation. Additive manufacturing technology is mainly used for engineering, designing, and rapid prototyping as well as for the manufacture of functional objects and components.
This technology and innovation report titled ‘Advances in Digital Manufacturing’ reviews the recent innovations and advances of the technology and its impact on various sectors.
Key questions covered in this report:
What is the significance and current status of the digital manufacturing technology?
What are the key industry trends propelling adoption?
What are the attractive applications?
What are the key innovations?
Who are key stakeholders driving R&D initiatives?
What are key partnership activties?
What are the factors influencing adoption?
What are the future prospects and growth opportunities?
How can organizations capitalize opportunities?
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
- Research Methodology Step by Step Approach
- The Capabilities of Digital Manufacturing Technologies Offer Immense Benefits for Manufacturers
- Innovations are Increasing the Adoption Rate of this Novel Technology
- Competition Between Key Stakeholders has Tremendously Increased the Funding Level
- A Sneak Preview of Digital Manufacturing
- Digital Manufacturing is Destined to Revolutionize Industries
- Application Landscape Assessment
- Digital Manufacturing Technologies Create New Opportunities for the Aerospace and Automotive Industries
- Digital Manufacturing Provides Immense Growth Opportunities for the Construction Industry
- Digital Manufacturing Will Disrupt Industries and Redistribute Value
- Factors Influencing Technology Adoption-Drivers and Challenges
- The Rise of Industry 4.0 and the Smart Factory are Key Drivers for Wide-Scale Adoption
- Decrease in Implementation Cost will Increase Adoption Rate
- Key Innovations and Advances
- The Autodesk Forge Platform with Cloud Services
- High-Strength Stainless Steel Powder for 3D Printing
- Manufacturing Suite for Optimized Manufacturing Visibility
- 3D Printing Metal Components at Nanoscale
- Laser Technique to 3D Print Metal Structures in Mid-air
- World's Smallest Ultra-Strength 3D-Printed Lattice Structure
- Fully Integrated Operations Process Management Software Suite
- New Version of Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Software Suite for Testing Solutions
- Non-Contact Optical Measurement 3D Scanning Solution
- New 3D Material for Industrial-strength Components
- Key Industry Initiatives
- Key Innovators - Stratasys, Cisco, Fraunhofer
- Collaborations for Technology Development have Increased Stakeholders' Activities
- Increase in R&D Activities
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategic Collaborations for Large-scale Adoption and Growth
- MOUs Between Stakeholders for Developing Solutions have Increased Significantly
- Acquisition Boosts Manufacturing, Production, and Supply Chain Optimization
- Snippets of Recent Industry Activities
- Sudden Paradigm Shift Brings New Participants into the Market
- The Race to Increase Company Portfolios
- Technology Roadmap (2016-2021)
- The Road Ahead
- Strategic Insights
- Key Patents
- Key Patents from GE
- Key Patents from Autodesk
- Key Patents from GE and Infineon
- Key Patents from Siemens and Stratasys
- Key Patents from Dassault Systemes and Siemens
- Key Contacts