3D Printing in Personal Care (TechVision)
Fluctuations in consumer purchasing behavior across the world, emerging fashion trends shaping consumer perceived value, and high preference for personalized products are factors that are responsible for opportunities for 3D printing within the personal care industry. This research service (RS) evaluates the role played by 3D printing technologies in creating new business opportunities for established and new entrants within the global personal care value chain. The research evaluates the various application areas of 3D printing within the foot care, skin care, hair care, eye care, and cosmetic sectors; and allied business opportunities for participants across the personal care value chain. In addition to detailed evaluation of product and competitive dynamics, the report delves deeply into consumer needs, value and behaviors across various market sectors, foot care, skin care, hair care, and cosmetics to name a few. The technology adoption cycle is evaluated, while also identifying various consumer archetypes that influence buying patterns.
Key questions addressed in this report:
What is the business case for adoption of 3D printing technologies within the global personal care industry?
Why 3D printing serves to be a potential solution in catering to the fluctuating needs of consumers across developed and emerging economies?
What are the business opportunities that are created by 3D printing for various stakeholders across the value chain within the personal care industry?
Who are the existing and potential competitors that are likely to positively influence the growth of the personal care industry through development of 3D printing solutions?
How 3D printing-enabled business models serve to be strategic market adjacency for driving global growth initiatives of leading personal care brand?
What are the various consumer archetypes that influence buying patterns within the global personal care products?
- Executive Summary
- Scope of Research
- Research Methodology
- Research Methodology Explained
- Key Findings: Suppliers Focus on Customization Needs of Global Consumers
- Key Findings: Ease of Market Entry into 3D Printing of Foot Care Products
- Industry Overview
- 3D Printing Enables Creation of Personalized Products Suiting Individual Requirements
- Relatively Low Patenting Activities in 3D Printing of Live Cells for Conducting Cosmetic Testing
- Manufacturers Explore 3D Printed Biodegradable Packaging Materials for Personal Care Products
- Innovators Are Exploring the Potential of 3D Printing Products via Branded Retail Outlets
- Impact Assessment and Analysis
- The Commercial Potential Of 3D Printing for Packaging Is yet to Be Explored
- 3D Printing Significantly Improves the Turnaround Time and Cost in Prototyping a Range of Products
- Uncertain Regulatory Scenarios on 3D Printing Human Skin for Cosmetic Testing Purposes
- Diffusion of Innovation and Needs Assessment
- Customer Needs Significantly Weigh over Customer Value and Buying Behavior in the Foot Care Industry
- Adoption of 3D Printing Techniques in Hair Care Sector Is Limited to a Greater Extent
- Customer Desire for More Safety in 3D Printed Skin Care Products Impacting Regulatory Scenario
- Opportunity Evaluation and Roadmapping
- Huge Scope for Empowering In-store Sales Force by Conducting Training Programs on 3D Printing
- Easy Entry into Subscription-type Business Model Involving 3D Printed Foot Insoles and Shoes
- Commercial Prospects for Offering B2B and B2C Contractual 3D Printing Services
- Exploring eCommerce Business Ecosystem Offers Higher Probability to Diversify Products and Services
- Analyst Insights and Recommendations
- Social Media Is Poised to Positively Influence Purchasing Decisions for 3D Printed Personal Care Products
- Table Key Synergies for Commercial Entry across Diverse Business Models, Global, 2016-20
- Investments in Research, Co-creation Efforts, and Partnerships with New Entrants Influence Growth
- Patent Analysis
- Very Low Global Patenting Activities Concerning Applications of 3D Printing in the Hair Care Sector
- Key Patent: Skin Printing and Auto-grafting
- Key Patent: 3D Printed Eyewear Frame with Integrated Hinge and Methods of Manufacture
- Key Patent: Eye Make-up Application Machine
- Database of Key Industry Contacts
- List of Key Industry Participants