Global Dichloroethane Market Analysis: Plant Capacity, Production, Operating Efficiency, Technology, Demand & Supply, End-User Industries, Distribution Channel, Regional Demand, 2015-2030
Global Dichloroethane demand stood at 9.12 Million Tonnes in 2020 and is forecast to reach 14.46 Million Tonnes by 2030, growing at a healthy CAGR of 4.75% until 2030.
Dichloroethane also known as ethylene dichloride (EDC) is a colorless liquid with a chloroform-like odor. It is highly flammable, toxic, and carcinogenic. The major applications of dichloroethane are vinyl chloride monomer, tetraethylenepentamine, and others. Vinyl chloride monomer is the major application of dichloroethane is the precursor to polyvinyl chloride. Major end-use industries for dichloroethane are construction, automotive, electricals, and electronics. Growing demand for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) from construction and automotive coupled with the increasing demand of other application areas is expected to drive the demand for dichloroethane for the forecast period. Moreover, stringent environmental regulations regarding dichloroethane are expected to hinder demand growth during the forecast period.
In 2020, the spread of COVID-19 in major global economies caused nationwide lockdowns which had an impact on several industries. Construction and automotive were among the most affected industries during the pandemic. This had an impact on the demand for dichloroethane for the first half of 2020. Therefore, the demand for dichloroethane fell during the coronavirus pandemic.
Region-wise, Asia-pacific region holds the major share of global demand for dichloroethane due to the increasing demand of application areas including construction and automotive. Moreover, continuous revamping of infrastructure in disaster-prone countries like Japan and South Korea is also another factor propelling the demand for dichloroethane. Increasing population and subsequent rise in per capita income in emerging economies like India and China is also another factor supporting demand rise in Asia-pacific.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Period: 2015-2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022–2030
This report will be delivered on an online digital platform with one-year subscription and quarterly update.
Objective of the Study:
- To assess the demand-supply scenario of dichloroethane which covers production, demand and supply of dichloroethane market globally.
- To analyse and forecast the market size of dichloroethane .
- To classify and forecast global dichloroethane market based on technology, end-use and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global dichloroethane market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global dichloroethane market.
- To identify and analyse the profile of leading players involved in the manufacturing of dichloroethane.
Major players for dichloroethane globally include Dow Chemical Co., Occidental Chemical Corp, SolVin, Formosa Plastics Corporation, Ineos, Evonik Industries AG, Vynova Group.
To extract data for global dichloroethane market, primary research surveys were conducted with dichloroethane manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers and end users. While interviewing, the respondents were also inquired about their competitors. Through this technique, ChemAnalyst was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, ChemAnalyst analyzed various end user segments and projected a positive outlook for Global dichloroethane market over the coming years.
ChemAnalyst calculated dichloroethane demand globally by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast which was carried out considering imported dichloroethane, prices, materials used for production of dichloroethane . ChemAnalyst sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied by ChemAnalyst.
Key Target Audience:
- dichloroethane manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to dichloroethane distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders such as dichloroethane manufacturers, customers and policy makers. The study would also help them to target the growing segments over the coming years (next two to five years), thereby aiding the stakeholders in taking investment decisions and facilitating their expansion.
In this report, global dichloroethane market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by Application-Vinyl Chloride Monomer, Tetraethylenepentamine
- Market, by End Use -Construction, Automotive, and Electricals and Electronics.
- Market, by Sales Channel-Direct/Institutional Sales, Indirect Sales
- Market, by Region-North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, South America
This report will be delivered on an online digital platform with a one-year subscription and quarterly update.