Steel Market Forecast 2015-2025
The world market for steel will reach $1.3 trillion in 2015, with production levels to reach 1,694.73 million tonnes whilst consumption will reach 1,545.50 million tonnes. The market has been declining over the past few years as a result of the large oversupply of steel that pressured prices downwards. The global recession that hit the commodities sector hard also contributed to the shrinking growth. As a result, the steel market is expected to grow at a slow rate in the first half of the forecast period (2015-2020) before accelerating at a higher rate in the second half of the forecast period (2020-2025).
Visiongain predicts that an oversupply will remain over the next decade. This will be mainly attributed to the resistance of China to cut production levels as well as the declining demand across the world.
The steel market has been dominated by China, accounting for half of the global market. It is the largest and fastest growing producer and consumer of steel and it will retain its leading position throughout the forecast period. India, Taiwan, Iran, Japan, Mexico and South Korea are other countries exhibiting strong growth in terms of steel production and consumption. Global steel demand over the next decade will mainly depend on the emerging economies. However, economic conditions for the global steel industry remain uncertain and challenging.
The main factors that led to a previously significant increase in demand for steel are new infrastructure developments and the growing needs of the increasing middle class in the developing countries. The construction, automobile, and white goods industries will attract a high demand for steel over the next decade. The construction sector will be the key consumer of steel over the forecast period (2015-2025) as we predict growth above the global trend.
This report analyses the global steel market for 7 key applications (construction, automotive, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, oil & gas, domestic appliances and other applications) and 17 national markets plus the rest of the world. The analyses and forecasts are presented in both volume and value terms.
Why you should buy the “Steel Market Forecast 2015-2025: Future Opportunities for Leading Companies” report?
What does the future hold for the steel market? Will this market have a prosperous future? What is restraining the growth of the steel
market? Will the prices for steel decline further? What industries will consume steel faster than others?
Visiongain’s brand new report answers these questions and gives you demand and supply predictions of the steel market in value ($bn) and volume (Million Tonnes) terms, its submarkets and leading companies through to 2025, assessing data, trends, opportunities and prospects there. Besides revenue forecast to 2025, this report provides you with market shares, business outlook, qualitative analysis, profiles and revenue forecasts of leading companies in the industry. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
How this 304 page report will inform you:
View global steel market; forecasts and analysis from 2015 to 2025 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed production, consumption and sales projections of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2015 to 2025, our new study shows current market data, market shares, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments.
The report provides 344 tables, charts, and graphs
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future steel prospects. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. Also you will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the steel sector.
View 2 exclusive expert company interviews. Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provides full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking.
- By reading the full transcripts of exclusive expert opinion interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don’t’ fall behind.
- Dr. Mohamed Abdulmalak Elfighi, Chairman, Libyan Iron & Steel Company (LISCO)
- Vaseem Karbhari, Senior Analyst, The Steel Index
Discover sales predictions and consumption volume for the key submarkets by end-use sectors from 2015-2025
- What are the dynamics driving the steel industry? How will the submarkets expand? Which submarkets will generate the most revenue? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Stay informed about the potential for each of these steel submarkets with individual forecasts and analysis from 2015 to 2025.
- Construction Steel Market
- Automotive Steel Market
- Mechanical Engineering Steel Market
- Electrical Engineering Steel Market
- Oil & Gas Steel Market
- Domestic Appliances Steel Market
- Others Steel Market
Understand the prospects for the leading national steel markets – where will the highest revenues and opportunities occur? What are the production and consumption forecasts for each national market?
- Learn about the market potential for steel companies in the developed and developing countries, from 2015 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025 for 17 leading national markets plus the rest of the world market.
- Chinese steel market forecast 2015-2025
- US steel forecast 2015-2025
- Indian steel market forecast 2015-2025
- Japanese steel market forecast 2015-2025
- South Korean steel market forecast 2015-2025
- Russian steel market forecast 2015-2025
- German steel market forecast 2015-2025
- Turkish steel market forecast 2015-2025
- Brazilian steel forecast 2015-2025
- Italian steel market forecast 2015-2025
- Mexican steel market forecast 2015-2025
- Taiwanese steel market forecast 2015-2025
- Iranian steel market forecast 2015-2025
- Canadian steel market forecast 2015-2025
- French steel market forecast 2015-2025
- Spanish steel market forecast 2015-2025
- UK steel market forecast 2015-2025
- RoW steel market forecast 2015-2025
Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics
- Explore the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) affecting the industry and product advances. Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- Research and development (R&D) strategy
- Technological issues and constraints.
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Increasing specialisation by leading players
- Advances in product quality
- Demographic changes
- Explore the political, economic, social and technological factors (PEST) affecting the industry and product advances.
Identify who the leading companies are in the steel industry
- Our report reveals the companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analysing the activities of these companies: See where the expected gains will be. View visiongain’s assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of 11 leading steel companies examining their positioning, projected revenues, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook.
- Nippon Steel & Iron Sumitomo Metal
- Hebei Iron & Steel Company
- Baosteel Company
- Wuhan Iron and Steel
- Jiangsu Shangang Group
- JFE Holdings
- Tata Steel
Discover information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the steel market
Steel Market Forecast 2015-2025: Future Opportunities for Leading Companies report provides impartial steel sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages. Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company’s prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain’s research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and national market forecasts from 2015 to 2025.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain’s increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain’s team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
How the Steel Market Forecast 2015-2025: Future Opportunities for Leading Companies report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the steel market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don’t miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
Please Note: Prior to initiating fulfillment of an order, the client will be required to sign a document detailing the purchase terms for a publication from this publisher.
The publisher is using a password system to access all reports. Single user and departmental licenses expires after 12 month period. In the case of departmental site license purchases, the publisher requires all email addresses for the licensed users prior to fulfilment.
Aichi Steel Corporation
Altos Hornos de Mexico
Angang Steel Company
Baoshan Iron and Steel Co. Ltd.
BDG Metal and Power Ltd.
China Steel Corporation
Commercial Metals Company
Comparinhia Siderurgica Nacional
Corporacion Aceros Arequipa
Ezhou Iron & Steel Co., Ltd
Fortescue Metals Group
Handan Zongheng Iron and Steel
Hebei Iron and Steel Company
IIyich Mariupol Steel and Iron Works
Isfahan Iron Smelting Complex
Japan Marine United Corporation
Japan Steel Works
Jiangsu Shangang Group
Jindal Steel and Power
JSW Steel Ltd.
Khuzestan Steel Company
Kunming Iron & Steel Co., Ltd.,
Libyan iron and Steel Company
Liuzhou Iron & Steel Co., Ltd.,
Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works
Mahindra Ugine Steel
Mitsui & Co.
MMK(Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works)
Mobarakeh Steel Mill
NatSteel Asia Pte Ltd
Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal
Pakistan Steel Mills
Panzhihua iron and Steel
Pingxiang iron and Steel
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
SAIL(Steel Authority of India Ltd.)
Schnitzer Steel Industries
Shanghai Metallurgical Holding Group Corporation
Shanghai Meishan Group Co
SSE Steel Ltd
Taiyuan Iron and Steel
The Steel Index
Tokyo Electric Power Company
UBS Group AG
Usinas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais S.A.
Wuhan Iron and Steel
Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Bolsa de Madrid Stock Exchange (BMAD)
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
Hong Kong Stock Exchange (SEHK)
Korea Stock Exchange (KRX)
London Metal Exchange (LME)
London Stock Exchange (LSE)
Luxembourg Stock Exchange (LuxSE)
New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
Shanghai Stock Exchange (SEE)
Shenzhen Stock Exchange (SZSE)
State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC)
Tokyo Stock Exchange (TYO)