Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services Market Report 2021-2031
Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services Set to Witness Significant Growth Over Next 10 Years
The opportunity to become a market leader in the rapidly growing biosimilar industry has spurred many companies to invest in biosimilar development, either directly or through a partnership with a more experienced CMO. Currently, in 2020, there are over 55 approved biosimilars in the EU and the market for these products is expected to grow rapidly in the coming 10 years. Demand for lower-cost biological therapies in developed and emerging markets, as well as patent expires for blockbuster biologics, will drive investment in biosimilar development. CMOs that can offer expertise and biomanufacturing capacity will benefit from contracts with biosimilar developers, such as small molecule generic drug manufacturers, as well as emerging biosimilar manufacturers looking to launch their follow-on biologics in developed markets.
U.S. Holds the Maximum Market Share in Global Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services Market
The US is the global leader of the biological drug API manufacturing service market and this is no surprise as it also has the highest level of demand worldwide for pharmaceuticals, including outsourced API manufacturing. Per person, the US spends around one thousand dollars a year on pharmaceuticals, higher than any other country in the world. Additionally, pharmaceuticals cost more in the US, with some drugs being twice the price they are in the UK and Canada. This is because the US government does not regulate its pharma prices. Furthermore, the opaque US health system makes it hard to draw drug-by-drug comparisons with prices abroad. The majority of the leading biotech CMOs have facilities in the United States, which provide APIs domestically. In 2020, US market accounted for US$ xx million, or over 90%, of the North American biological drug API manufacturing services revenues. Emerging markets are no longer as cheap as they used to be and additionally, emerging markets do not always meet quality standards. This deficiency in standards and rise in costs because of the demands for compliance to standards has increased the demand in the US market. Local manufacturers can also provide products more conveniently, as there are less communication or timing issues.
Discover how to stay ahead
Our 350+ page report provides 350+ tables and charts/graphs. Read on to discover the most lucrative areas in the industry and the future market prospects. Our new study lets you assess forecasted sales at overall world market and regional level. See financial results, trends, opportunities, and revenue predictions. Much opportunity remains in this growing Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services Market. See how to exploit the opportunities.
Forecasts to 2031 and other analyses reveal the commercial prospects
- In addition to revenue forecasting to 2031, our new study provides you with recent results, growth rates, and market shares.
- You find original analyses, with business outlooks and developments.
- Discover qualitative analyses (including market dynamics, drivers, opportunities, restraints, and challenges), SWOT Analysis, product profiles and commercial developments.
Discover sales predictions for the world market and sub-markets.
By Manufacturing Type
By Expression Platform
- Mammalian Cell Cultures
- Microbial Fermentations
- Insulin Analogues
- Interferon Therapies
- Human Growth Hormones
- Other Therapeutic Areas
In addition to the revenue predictions for the overall world market and segments, you will also find revenue forecasts for 5 regional and 22 leading national markets:
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia Pacific
Rest of Latin America
Rest of Middle East & Africa
Leading companies and the potential for market growth
Overall world revenue for Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services Market will surpass $xx million in 2021, our work calculates. We predict strong revenue growth through to 2031. Our work identifies which organizations hold the greatest potential. Discover their capabilities, progress, and commercial prospects, helping you stay ahead.
How the Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services Market report helps you
In summary, our 350+ page report provides you with the following knowledge:
- Revenue forecasts to 2031 for Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services Market, with forecasts for Manufacturing Type, Expression Platform, and Application, each forecasted at a global and regional leveldiscover the industry’s prospects, finding the most lucrative places for investments and revenues
- Revenue forecasts to 2031 for 5 regional and 22 key national marketsSee forecasts for the Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services market in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. Also forecasted is the market in the US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia, Switzerland, Netherlands, China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, among other prominent economies.
- Prospects for established firms and those seeking to enter the marketincluding company profiles for 10 of the major companies involved in the Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services Market. Some of the company’s profiled in this report include Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Samsung Biologics, AbbVie, GSK Biopharmaceuticals, Lonza Group Ltd., NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS, Boehringer, Patheon N.V., Cytovance Biologics, and Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies.
Find quantitative and qualitative analyses with independent predictions. Receive information that only our report contains, staying informed with this invaluable business intelligence.Please Note: Prior to initiating fulfillment of an order, the client will be required to sign a document detailing the purchase terms for a publication from this publisher.
The publisher is using a password system to access all reports. Single user (non-printable) and departmental licenses expires after 12 month period. In the case of departmental site license purchases, the publisher requires all email addresses for the licensed users prior to fulfillment.