India Caprolactam Comprehensive Techno-Commercial Market Analysis and Forecast, 2013-2030
Caprolactam, with the molecular formula (CH2)5C(O)NH, is a colorless organic compound. Caprolactam, a cyclic amide of caproic acid, is a raw material used to produce Nylon 6, which is a widely used synthetic polymer. It has a density of 1.01 g/cm3 with a melting point at 270.8 ⁰C. This compound is mildly toxic and can cause irritation and burning sensation in eyes, nose, skin, etc., when mildly exposed. Caprolactam demand stood at 144 KTPA in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.63% during 2019-2030 to reach 278 KTPA by 2030. Increasing caprolactam use in various applications such as tire-cords, engineering plastic production, nylon-6 and nylon-66 based textile industries is expected to drive the demand for caprolactam during 2019-2030.
Years Considered for this Report:
Historical Years: 2013 – 2017
Base Year: 2018
Estimated Year: 2019
Forecast Period: 2020 – 2030
Objective of the Study:
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast caprolactam capacity, production, demand, inventory, and demand-supply gap in India.
- To categorize India caprolactam market based on grade, end use, sales channel and region.
- To study trade dynamics and company share in India caprolactam market.
- To identify major customers of caprolactam in India.
- To evaluate and forecast caprolactam pricing by grade in India.
- To identify and profile major companies operating in India caprolactam market.
- To identify major developments, deals and expansion plans in India caprolactam market.
Major player operating in India caprolactam market is Gujarat Chemicals & Fertilizers Limited.
To extract data for India caprolactam market, primary research surveys were conducted with caprolactam manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers and end users. While interviewing, the respondents were also inquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, TechSci Research analyzed various end user segments and projected a positive outlook for India caprolactam market over the coming years.
TechSci Research calculated India caprolactam demand analyzing the historical data and demand forecast was carried out considering the growth in end use industries. TechSci Research sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Caprolactam manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to Caprolactam distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders, such as caprolactam manufacturers, distributors and policy makers. The report also provides useful insights about which market segments should be targeted over the coming years to strategize investments and capitalize on growth opportunities.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. Please Note:
Printing is not available on single-user licenses.