Tunisia: LLU and Updated National ICT Plan to Support Development of Telecom Sector Toward 2020
‘Tunisia: LLU and Updated National ICT Plan to Support Development of Telecom Sector Toward 2020,’ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Tunisia’s mobile and fixed telecommunications based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Tunisian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- The Tunisian telecommunications market will generate total service revenue of $1.5bn in 2015, a 4.1% increase in local currency terms from the previous year.
- The country is expected to make notable progress toward achieving its digital transformation, empowered by high-speed broadband, mobile data and IT services.
- Notable market developments include the easing of entry for MVNOs, opening up extra capacity rental, taking steps toward LLU and establishing a five-year national digital plan called the Tunisie Numerique 2018.
- Mobile data will be an important growth driver, generating $379m in 2015, driven by social networks, OTT communications and video. Over the next five years, mobile data growth will be underpinned by continued smartphones uptake and the commoditization of data plans.
- The government’s national ICT plan goals will play a major role in providing a support ecosystem for ISPs to deploy FTTH/B and xDSL. Fixed broadband powered by ADSL and FTTH will seize the largest share of fixed access lines at 70.3% by 2020, up from an estimated 39.2% in 2015.
- The top two mobile operators, Ooredoo Tunisia and the incumbent Tunisie Telecom, will account for around 70% of overall mobile revenue in 2015. The fixed space remains under the monopoly of the incumbent through its subsidiary Topnet; however, competition is intensifying as Ooredoo and Orange focus more attention toward targeting SMEs.
- Over the next five years, opportunities are visible in mobile and fixed broadband service provision, enterprise IT services and value-added services such as OTT bundling, MFS and M2M. Vendors should position themselves for FTTH and LTE rollouts.
- Investors can find opportunities developing in e-government, e-business and e-commerce as a result of the country’s digitization progress.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Tunisia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Tunisia’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Tunisia compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Tunisia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Tunisia’s telecommunications markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Tunisia’s telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Tunisia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Tunisia’s telecommunications market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Tunisia.
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities
- List of Figures
- Tunisia telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015E
- Country key indicators
- Regulatory structure and policy
- Major telecommunications policy issues
- Tunisia communications market revenue by segment, 2013-2020
- Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020
- Segment revenues 2013-2020
- Service revenue mix: voice, data & video, 2015, 2020
- Service revenue mix: fixed & mobile, 2015, 2020
- Service revenue by operator, 2015
- Key telecom market players
- Major telecommunications market players
- Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
- Key mobile market indicators, 2015
- Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
- Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 2013–2020
- Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
- Mobile subscriptions by technology generation, 2014-2020
- Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
- Key fixed market indicators, 2015
- Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
- Internet revenue, 2013-2020
- Opportunities in the Tunisia telecommunications market