Togo: Mobile Money, Universal Service and Price Caps Policy to boost Telecoms Revenue
The telecom market in Togo is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2015-2020 to reach $617m by 2020. Mobile voice will continue to be the largest contributor to revenue. Mobile data revenue is expected to more than double to reach $106m by 2020 up from $41m in 2015, driven by improvements in 3G networks coverage and quality of service, mobile money and the launch of 4G. The telecom market in Togo is dominated by the duopoly of Togocel and Moov Togo, which is expected to continue over the forecast period. However, with the potential entry of a third operator via an international tender launched by the government, the competitive environment could become intense. Mobile service prices are among the highest in the West African region. As a result the government introduced a price cap policy which is making prices more affordable. Bringing in an additional operator could further help bring down mobile prices in the market.
- The telecom market in Togo is estimated to generate total telecom services revenue of $451m in 2015. Pyramid Research expects total telecom market revenue in Togo to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% to reach $617m in 2020.
- The mobile voice segment will account for 68.7% of total revenue in 2015. The overall telecom market is heavily inclined toward mobile services, which are expected to contribute 77.8% to total service revenue in 2015. Rising mobile penetration of the population, supported by coverage expansion in remote communities, enhancement of network infrastructure by operators and growth in mobile data, will fuel growth in the mobile market in the coming years.
- Fixed Internet services will grow at a CAGR of 19.9% over 2015-2020 to reach $17m by 2020. The government, jointly with Huawei, plans to install 200km of fiber cable by the end of 2016. This new fiber deployment, along with the existing West Africa Cable System (WACS), will boost the transmission capacity in Togo thereby supporting broadband growth in the coming years.
“Togo: Mobile Money, Universal Service and Price Caps Policy to Boost Telecoms Revenue” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Togo today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of Togo, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Togo in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Togo.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- Service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications market in Togo.
- Provides an overview of the Togo telecoms market through a combination of quantitative and qualitative insights. The graphical information consists of more than 20 charts and tables derived from Pyramid Research’s forecast products.
- Build profitable growth strategies by leveraging the analysis which includes an examination of current player strategies and the future trends of the Togo telecommunications market.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Togo's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Gain insights on key telecom players in the market and their strategies to grow market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet customer requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Togo."
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities
- List of Figures
- Togo telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015 5
- Country indicators 6
- Regulatory structure and policy 7
- Major telecommunications policy issues 8
- Togo communications market revenue , 2013-2020
- Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020
- Segment revenues 2013-2020
- Service revenue mix: voice, data & video, 2015, 2020
- Service revenue mix: fixed & mobile, 2015, 2020
- Service revenue by operator, 2015
- Key telecom market players
- Major telecommunications market players
- Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
- Key mobile market indicators, 2015
- Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
- Total ARPS; data percentage of total ARPS, 2013–2020
- Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
- Mobile subscriptions by technology generation, 2013-2020
- Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
- Key fixed market indicators, 2015
- Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
- Internet revenue, 2013-2020
- Opportunities in the Togo telecommunications market