Russia: Amid Crisis, Telecom Market Continues to Grow, Driven by Data Services
‘Russia: Amid Crisis, Telecom Market Continues to Grow, Driven by Data Services,’ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Russia’s mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Russian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, Russia was the largest telecom services market in Central & Eastern Europe, with estimated revenue of US$36bn, or 1.9% of GDP. Data services, both mobile and fixed, were the most important growth driver, generating $1.3bn more revenue in 2014 than in 2013, already discounting exchange rate effects.
- The top three mobile operators, MTS, MegaFon and Beeline, which also provide fixed services, accounted for 62% of overall service revenue in 2014. Adding fixed incumbent Rostelecom, the top four players in the market concentrate 81% of revenue. Competition is quite fierce, however, especially in the mobile and fixed broadband segments.
- Operators should focus on unleashing untapped demand for broadband services, via innovative pricing, prioritized network expansion and device availability. Ongoing fixed and mobile broadband network investments present opportunities to network vendors.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Russia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Russia’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Russia compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Russia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2015 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Russia’s telecommunications markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Russia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Russia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Russia’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Russia.
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities
- List of Figures
- Russian telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2014
- Country indicators
- Regulatory structure and policy
- Major telecommunications policy issues
- Russia communications market revenue, 2013-2020
- Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020
- Russia communications market revenue, 2013-2020
- Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020 (rubles)
- Market segment revenues, 2013-2020
- Service revenue mix: voice, data & video, 2015, 2020
- Service revenue mix: fixed & mobile, 2015, 2020
- Service revenue by operator, 2015
- Key telecom market players
- Major telecommunications market players
- Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
- Key mobile market indicators, 2015
- Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
- Total ARPS; data percentage of total ARPS, 2013-2020
- Market shares of mobile operators by subscriptions, 2013-2020
- Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2013-2020
- Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
- Fixed market indicators, 2015
- Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
- Internet revenue, 2013-2020
- Fixed market shares by service, 2015
- Fixed access lines by technology, 2015, 2020
- Pay-TV subscriptions by technology, 2013-2010
- Opportunities in the Russian telecommunications market