Botswana: Introduction of 4G and Implementation of National Broadband Strategy to Fuel Competition for Data Services
‘Botswana: Introduction of 4G and Implementation of National Broadband Strategy to Fuel Competition for Data Services,’ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Botswana’s mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Botswana market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- With revenue of $337m, the telecom services market in Botswana is one of the smallest in the AME region covered by Pyramid Research. Overall market revenue declined by 7.2% in US dollar terms from the previous year.
- Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a 3.5% CAGR from 2014 to 2019. The fixed/mobile revenue split, already heavily weighted toward mobile, will shift even further toward mobile.
- Adoption of 3G technologies is at 35.1% of the mobile subscription base. This is a reflection of the limited ways that Batswana people can connect to the Internet. Furthermore, we project this will grow as demand for data connectivity continues to increase and as content offerings improve.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Botswana today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Botswana’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Botswana compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Botswana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Botswana’s telecommunications markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Botswana’s telecommunications, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Botswana’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Botswana’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Botswana."
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities