T-Systems - IoT Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s IoT Services Vendor Assessment for T-Systems is a comprehensive assessment of T-Systems’ IoT service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for IoT services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IoT sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
IoT is a shared priority within DTAG. T-Systems, the enterprise unit of DTAG is, through different units, in charge of sales, marketing, partnerships, solutioning, and delivery across both connectivity services, and IT services/consulting. DTAG markets the IoT capabilities under the Deutsche Telekom brand.
IoT is clearly important for DTAG, as for all communication services providers globally, mostly because of connectivity: NelsonHall estimates that most of DTAG's IoT revenues come from traditional SIM cards and connectivity services over 2G, 3G, and 4G networks.
DTAG is accelerating its deployment of IoT-enabled networks. A priority is the existing 2G, 3G, and 4G networks in the 14 countries (mostly Eastern and Central Europe, along with Germany and Austria) where DTAG provides fixed and/or mobile communication services (‘Natcos’). DTAG is expanding its network through signing roaming agreements in Europe. It is also investing significantly in an IoT-specific network, NB-IoT.
The involvement of DTAG in IoT does not stop at the connectivity level. DTAG's IoT value proposition is of an end-to-end service. The company is active at the consulting level to systems integration, IoT platforms, and vertical use cases (industry solutions).
DTAG is eager to establish itself in the IoT space, and the company is ready to invest upfront in assets supporting its offering. An example of this upfront investment is DTAG's deployment of 11k parking sensors by 2019 in the city of Hamburg, Germany.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of T-Systems’ IoT service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components, accelerators, and “platforms”
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook