NTT DATA - Cloud Advisory, Assessment, and Migration Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Cloud Advisory, Assessment and Migration Services Vendor Assessment for NTT DATA is a comprehensive assessment of NTT DATA’s cloud advisory, assessment and migration services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for cloud consulting services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in cloud consulting services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
NTT DATA Communications Systems Corporation was spun off as a separate company from NTT in 1988, subsequently changing its name to NTT DATA Corporation in 1996. Although now separate companies, NTT retains a 54% shareholding in NTT DATA and NTT DATA works jointly with other companies in the NTT Group to deliver services to clients.
NTT DATA initially rolled out its cloud services in 2010 and opened data centers in support of its cloud services in the U.S., U.K. Australia, and Brazil in 2013 and 2014. In March 2017, NTT DATA acquired Dell Services for $3.06bn.
The two companies appear to have complementary offerings and heritage, with NTT DATA bringing the application experience which Dell Services lacks, and Dell Services expanding NTT DATA’s infrastructure services capability. Dell Services also provides NTT DATA with a broader footprint in the North American market.
Cloud services is one area in which the two legacy companies possessed complementary capabilities. Cloud migration and management spans both infrastructure and application services and NTT DATA is positioning itself as a full lifecycle cloud provider. To enable this, each legacy company leverages its core competencies; prior to the merger, Dell Services was primarily delivering infrastructure services (~75% of its services), while NTT DATA was more focused on application services (~75% of its services).
NTT DATA offers full lifecycle cloud services including a significant capability in hybrid cloud management. It segregates its cloud advisory, assessment, and migration services into the following offerings:
- Cloud advisory
- Cloud migration
- Cloud application services.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of NTT DATA’s cloud advisory, assessment and migration service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths and weaknesses.