NTT DATA - Big Data and Analytics Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall's Big Data and Analytics Services Vendor Assessment for NTT DATA is a comprehennsive assessment of NTT DATA's big data and analytics service offerings and capabilites designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identfying vendor suitability for digital services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
NTT DATA has a Data & Analytics (S&A) CoE which is, in the termiology of NTT DATA, a Global ONE team. This means that D&A, as a CoE, has responsibility for central portfolio management, creating and maintaining accelerators and solutions , managing central partnerships, helping operations ( the differnet geographies) with sales and marketing, and helping with delivery when required. Responsibility for P&L is at the geographical level.
The priorities of NTT DATA overall and of D&A include:
- Assessing the offerings in its various geographies and coordinating work with other NTT DATA services and practices, on consulting, IoT, AI, and RPA/robotics
- Creating and maintaining semi-packaged horizontal and vertical offerings. D&A continues to focus on the strengths of the NTT DATA larger entity in automotive, finance, health, and telecoms sectors. An example is NTT DATA's relationship with automotive OEMs in Japan and Germany, which helped it to articulate its connected car-specific offering. Also, D&A tend to take a soft approach to IP, favoring reference architectures and semi-reusable algorithms over formal softwar products. An exeption is with everisMoriarty, a developer of a formal workbench produt for creating algorithms and analytics code.
- Expanding its service portfolio, from an analytics perspective, around IoT. D&A has signed agreements in the manufacturing segment with Toyota, Fanuc, and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
NTT DAT has a total of ~5.5k personnel working on big data and analytics projects; this includes those working on databases, EDW, and BI.
IN May 2017, NTT DATA made an investment in NoSQL software specialist, MarkLogic. The investment was part of a join go-to-market agreement, wher NTT DATA will resell MarkLogic's database in new geogrpahies, e.g. Spain, expanding form Japan.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of NTT DATA's big data and analytics service offerings, capabilities, and market and finanical strength, including:
- Analysis oof the company's offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company's strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company's customer base including the company's targeting strategy and examples of current contract
- Analysis of the company's strengths,