Impact of Digital on Telecom Secotr: 2019
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Impact of Digital on IT Services in Telecom Sector: 2019” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the Telecom sector
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the Telecom sector
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the Telecom sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the Telecom sector and addresses the following questions:
• What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the Telecom sector?
• What IT initiatives are planned by organizations in the Telecom sector?
• How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the Telecom sector?
• What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the Telecom sector?
• What business areas are targeted for digital initiatives by organizations in the Telecom sector?
• What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the Telecom sector?
• What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the Telecom sector to select suppliers to implement digital initiatives?
• What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the Telecom sector over the next three years?
• How do companies in the Telecom sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
The key business priorities for telecom companies focus on improving relationships with current customers while growing revenues by attracting new customers. The two major business priorities identified unprompted by telecom companies were:
• Improving customer service through faster turnaround times
• Improving revenues and market share by identifying cross-sell/up-sell opportunities and accelerating the introduction of new offerings.
Accordingly, telecom companies are:
• Identifying and pursuing digital initiatives to improve customer experience and increase revenues
• Adopting DevOps and digitalizing applications landscapes to accelerate time to market and reduce IT service costs
• Prioritizing the engagement of vendors with deep industry knowledge, and UX consulting and design capabilities to implement cloud and SaaS solutions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook